Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What TV shows are you addicted for?
24 4 36.36%
Alias 1 9.09%
Battlestar Galactica 3 27.27%
CSI 3 27.27%
Desperate Housewives 1 9.09%
Family Guy 0 0%
Firefly 1 9.09%
Lost 4 36.36%
NCIS 2 18.18%
Nip/Tuck 0 0%
Prison Break 2 18.18%
Rome 1 9.09%
Smallville 0 0%
Spooks 1 9.09%
Stargate SG-1 1 9.09%
The Shield 1 9.09%
The 4400 0 0%
Veronica Mars 3 27.27%
OTHER, ... 6 54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
What are your favorite TV shows?

Kinda off-topic, but still important for my daily survival. What are your favorite TV shows? Mine are - in order of preference:

1. 24 (Jack Bauer owns!)
2. Spooks (aka MI5)
3. Prison Break
4. The Shield
5. Lost
6. Veronica Mars (I know, don't say anything, but I like the show)
7. Battlestar Galactica
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:06 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Favorite TV Shows

Tough one to answer. For current shows...
1) Alias
2) 24
3) Sports: NFL, NBA, NCAA football/basketball, etc.

I like the old Battlestar Galactica, but haven't seen the new series yet. Nor have I seen any of the others on your list. But Spooks and Lost and the Shield sound interesting to me.

Even harder to answer would be old shows! In no particular order, here are some great ones...
* The Saint
* Protectors
* Avengers
* Persuaders
* Maverick
* I Spy
* Get Smart
* Green Acres
* Bob Newhart / Mary Tyler Moore
* Everybody Loves Raymond
* Man from UNCLE
* Peter Gunn
* Rockford Files
* JAG
* Secret Service (old claymation about spy/priest)
* Star Trek Voyager / Next Generation

Wow, I guess there are a lot of good ones. I could go on and on and on! You can tell I like the spy/detective and sitcom genres. I'm actually having a lot of fun revisiting some of the older stuff. It's really great, and refreshing to see things a little simpler and generally more wholesome than the frantic and often lewd stuff that seems to show up these days.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
MishaS
Connoisseur
MishaS is on a distinguished road

Device: Nokia N810/Nokia E51
BSG (new one)
StarTrek
Lost
SG-1, SG-A, Rome
MishaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Being in Oz, I don't even know half the shows you mentioned

The one's I do like, I really like though:
BSG (old and new)
NCIS
CSI

Never got into SG1, but if they ever repeat it from the start, I'll watch it this time around. Firefly I've heard good things about, but have never seen... I never got into Lost, but my wife LOVES Desperate Housewives, of course
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:48 AM   #5
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Not a great fan of TV shows in general, but I enjoyed watching 24.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2005, 04:24 AM   #6
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Lost and 24, since these are the only shows I follow. Six Feet Under is also very good, but I only caught a repeat of the first season. I also loved The Office and Extras.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:10 AM   #7
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
Lost and 24, since these are the only shows I follow. Six Feet Under is also very good, but I only caught a repeat of the first season. I also loved The Office and Extras.
If you guys like Lost, don't miss the official podcast which has just recently started:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...3441&i=1286536
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:06 AM   #8
johnsoax
Connoisseur
johnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it is

Device: TT3(Home)&Dell x50(Work)
Hmm, I no longer get SciFi without shelling out megabucks, so no more BSG for me.

The shows I watch (Yes, these are it Monday-Sunday):
7th Heaven
CSI Miami
Commander in Chief
That 70's Show
Joey
CSI
The Batman (WB Cartoon)
GIJoe Sigma Six (Cartoon)
Simpsons

All are recorded on my EyeTV DVR

Last edited by johnsoax; 11-10-2005 at 09:11 AM.
johnsoax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #9
monkpalmer
monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Tungsten TC
1. Das Journal from Deutsche Welle (nice for learning German).
2. The Colbert Report, for truly insightful in-depth news coverage.
3. South Park, when I'm in the mood for something profound.
monkpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:16 PM   #10
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I've never heard the word profound used in conjunction with South Park before, but on reflection, I just might have to agree with you!
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote