Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2020, 01:21 PM   #1
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
How do I open up the Aura H2O2?

Hi.
I want to make an SD image of my Kobo H2O2. How do I open it up? I see 2 very small screws, how do I open it? Also I want to fix my MicroUSB, it's really bugging me.
Thanks

Last edited by Elektron; 08-05-2020 at 01:30 PM.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:30 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
To the best of my knowledge, the Aura H2O Edition 2 Version 2 has fixed internal memory. The waterproofing for these devices makes using SD card in them impractical.

I don't remember any discussion on opening them, so I can't help there. For most of the Kobo device, the back snaps off. You need to slip something slim in around the seem. But, if there are visible screws that's were I would start.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2021, 03:22 AM   #3
Diedie
Diedie began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura H2O edition 2
Frozen Kobo aura H2O 2

Indeed Kobo aura H2O edition 2 has a fixed internal memory. So a SD image won't work. Any suggestions on how to reset/reprogram this internal memory?? Thanks!
Diedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:32 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedie View Post
Indeed Kobo aura H2O edition 2 has a fixed internal memory. So a SD image won't work. Any suggestions on how to reset/reprogram this internal memory?? Thanks!
I replied to your other post before seeing this. Try a factory reset using the instructions on https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...-H2O-Edition-2.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 02:14 AM   #5
Diedie
Diedie began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura H2O edition 2
Frozen aura H2O 2

Thanks Davidfor, it took a while before I realized my Kobo Aura H2O 2 has a fixed internal memory.(had it opened) I already tried the manuel reset.
After restart I end up in the language menu without being able to do anything...
Resetting a fixed internal memory is beyond my capacities (if not impossible?). Did anyone try?
If not: I guess this is a case of "operation succeeded, patient died"...
Kind regards.
Diedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert