Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #376
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasa1 View Post
I'm still struggling with a few of the awards.. namely 1) Sun, sea sand Kobo, 2) Spirit of Portland, 3)Time Lord, 4) Sneaky Reads, 5) Dead reckoning...

Even though i've bought the required books from the right publishers, i still haven't got the award and can't work out why... are there particular titles you need to buy?

Also, Potent Quotables.. any ideas on that one?
What app / device are you using? Those awards are iOS only at present, so if you are using Wifi / Touch / Vox, you won't see them.

As for Potent Quotables, share 20 notes / annotations to Facebook. Again, iOS only.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #377
NiborSypher
NiborSypher began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4S
@Sharkus If you find yourself without anything todo and feeling pure boredom, would you have a look at my list and tell me if I got everything correct ????????

Kobo Reading Live Award List
NiborSypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #378
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've had a very quick look. The only issue I see is with the "Million" award. It isn't / wasn't for the millionth user. It was available to all users, it was to celebrate that we'd given out a million awards. You are correct that it can no longer be achieved however.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #379
NiborSypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
I've had a very quick look. The only issue I see is with the "Million" award. It isn't / wasn't for the millionth user. It was available to all users, it was to celebrate that we'd given out a million awards. You are correct that it can no longer be achieved however.
Sharkus for your time, I updated it, made the discription more clear,
because I meand the same thing but obvious it wasn't that clear.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #380
sarasa1
Enthusiast
sarasa1 began at the beginning.

Device: KT and iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
What app / device are you using? Those awards are iOS only at present, so if you are using Wifi / Touch / Vox, you won't see them.

As for Potent Quotables, share 20 notes / annotations to Facebook. Again, iOS only.

I'm using iOS, and thanks for the heads up on potent quotables.. i thought i'd done that but i'll try again!

As for the other awards i mentioned, i'm sure i did get books from the right publishers etc, not sure if i've somehow done something wrong!
sarasa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #381
NiborSypher

Hey, has anybody earned the "Potent Quotables" award jet, I am quoting the living daylight out of my kobo app but no award (run every day in to the massage "your maximum facebook post for today exceded" :-) )

What I do see is that my app doesn't show that I have shared any notes in the overview (circle) Reading Live, Stats, Shared Items, can this be the problem?????

Here is a link to the screenshot

It looks like the app thinks I'm sharing highlights and not notes ??????

Last edited by NiborSypher; 06-17-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #382
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
I updated the Kobo app on my Ipad today, was gifted with 4 new awards. Amongs them was this:

Maybe it's just me, but they *might* want to rethink the finger, if you look at it quickly it could offend, lol!
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #383
NiborSypher

Thanks to Auriel I've added the pictures of the "Blinged out" and the "Fangtasia" award.

I didn't get them myself :-( , not yet.

Kobo Reading Live Award List

@Auriel: if you got time to spare I would like to get the text that goes with the awards.
Sorry I'm a sucker for the details and clompleet information as possible ;-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whow what a response, after Auriel send hers, I got as far as I know all the images now.

Also found that the "potent quotables" probably does not exists, So I removed it from the list (anybody correct me if I'm wrong on that one)

Added the "eReading Rainbow" for the Vox and Android device
(the device isn't sold over here, so I forgot that one, altough I had read abouth the award on this forum)
Can someone who uses an Android device correct me if the "eReading Rainbow" award also works on their device.

Sorry that I don't thank everybody by name for that would be a long list and more than one picture was send by multiple people.

But everybody who send me their pictures thanks for the help in making this list compleet.

the only thing left are the texts that go with the awards ;-)

Last edited by NiborSypher; 07-06-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #384
Sharkus
Evangelist

I can confirm I see the eReading rainbow award on both Vox and the android app on various android devices.

You could be right about Potent Quotables not existing. It looks like it's a server-side award, i.e.; not client based, so it may not have been implemented. If I have a moment or two I'll try and figure out if it is indeed in place.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #385
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
I can see the eReading rainbow award on android app. I got a Vox only book, but it didn't let me to download it at all, so I assume the award is not implemented yet on android app.
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #386
NiborSypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_bear View Post
I can see the eReading rainbow award on android app. I got a Vox only book, but it didn't let me to download it at all, so I assume the award is not implemented yet on android app.
As far as I understand reading a Vox book or an (regular) Comic on an android device or the Vox sould earn you the award, but I'm not totaly shure, I don't own a android divice.

I eddited my prev. post and the list after sharkus's post, but if you find out that my list is wrong on the android part please correct me, so I can update the list.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #387
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Vox only books are not compatible with the Android app, or not for me anyway, they just dont show up

they only work on the Vox or iOS app
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #388
NiborSypher

I just tried to read them (Vox/iPad only commics) on my iPhone and that works fine so reading them is no problem but the award is not given (yet) as expected for it is not a iOS Award.

I've read 2 commics so far (free to read) I don't now if there is a min number of books or specific ones you have to read before you get it, but I tought I had read somewhere that one is enough.

@paulsalter: When I read Sharkus's comment back, I think it doesn't work on all Android divices so that is maybe the problem for now and this is solved with a update.

We have to wait for more info, from maybe sharkus or someone else at Kobo, who can confirm/deny this all.

Altough they(kobo) are not very forthcoming with information if it involves: Reading Life and the Awards.

Last edited by NiborSypher; 07-07-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:27 AM   #389
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
interesting, didn't know there where different versions of the android app

I tried to get the eReading Rainbow, downloaded the free Star Wars comic

no award on Vox after reading it
comic doesn't appear on my version of the Android app (latest from app store)
comic crashes my iOS app on my iPod Touch
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #390
NiborSypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
interesting, didn't know there where different versions of the android app

I tried to get the eReading Rainbow, downloaded the free Star Wars comic

no award on Vox after reading it
comic doesn't appear on my version of the Android app (latest from app store)
comic crashes my iOS app on my iPod Touch
The problem is that sharkus isn't always that crystal clear in his info, what he shares is good info but is not always easy to understand

The Vox itself is a Android divice so it can be that he sees in his data that the award is for android (he works at Kobo, don't tell this to other people) but it is possible it only means that it works on the Android version that is running on the Vox, but this is me thinking out loud.

Also as far as I understand, there was an update for the Vox (now including the whole Android play store) maybe this version doesn't support the "eReading Rainbow" award anymore, but again that is pure speculation on my side.

I did read back in this thread and found this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by verano View Post
The ereading rainbow award is only available on the Kobo Vox. You get it just for reading your first color book (they give you five free ones I believe).
I don't know if there is a diverence between a comic and a color book.

I added the comment to my list that the info on this award is very very unclear.

Last edited by NiborSypher; 07-08-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Tags
awards, reading life, touch