Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-03-2015, 03:35 AM   #3376
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I purchased my second book of 2015. It was a wishlist book that went on sale and was discountable at Kobo. Final price 90 cents.
Now that was a bargain worth waiting for! Wow.

Umm... I've bought 26 ebooks so far this year....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:10 AM   #3377
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Umm... I've bought 26 ebooks so far this year....
That's ridiculous! I've only bought 25.

(Actually not strictly true. I've bought 19, borrowed 3 and picked up 3 freebies, for a total of 25.)
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2015, 08:20 AM   #3378
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, well if we include freebies added to TBR and gifts, that makes 35 . Ummm...

I don't seem to be living up to my thread!

OTOH, I have read 38 ebooks so far this year.
OTTH, I have a bundle of back issues due shortly from LightSpeed Magazine, that'll take my purchased count over 80.

But a least I'm still under budget!
Old 03-03-2015, 09:40 AM   #3379
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Well, she said, modestly dusting off her virtual lapels, by the end of today we'll be nine weeks into the year and I'll have bought only three books, six under budget. I'm starting to feel I've got this licked. What is helping me a lot are the questions when I'm tempted, "Is this book better than the umpty-hundred unread books I own? Am I going to read it now?" If I don't answer yes to one, I steel myself to pass. So far, so good - knock wood.

I can't be too complacent, however. Full disclosure compels me to admit that my TBR has scarcely budged. I've been reading a lot of pd and pbooks. So while the trend is in the right direction, the pace is glacial - which should serve as further reinforcement, I suppose.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #3380
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Many congratulations to Fbone and issybird. Examples for us all!
Advert
Old 03-03-2015, 11:15 AM   #3381
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, my TBR isn't getting any shorter, but my book buying is way down. And in no small part thanks to this thread! But since it was a new month, and because the price had dropped, I broke down and bought the latest (last year's) Elizabeth Moon. I just wasn't willing to pay >$10 USD for it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #3382
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
But since it was a new month, and because the price had dropped, I broke down and bought the latest (last year's) Elizabeth Moon. I just wasn't willing to pay >$10 USD for it.
Crown of Renewal? It seems I bought that last June for £2. At a guess, it was a Kobo coupon.

I am holding off on Deeds of Honor until I can get it on a special offer or with a coupon.

Last edited by pdurrant; 03-03-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:21 PM   #3383
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yes, Crown of Renewal. Apparently I missed getting it when I had a decent coupon. OTOH, Deeds of Honor was cheap or I wouldn't have bought it a while back. I paid $2.99 for it at Amazon US. Worth about that. (Was "OK", but nothing to write home about. Not up to her longer stuff, IMO. 3-3.5 stars.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:34 PM   #3384
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Many congratulations to Fbone and issybird. Examples for us all!
Thank you

I do anticipate two more ebook purchases this year, however. Both are next-in-series that I follow.

So far this year I spent $1.89 on 2 books. Well under my annual budget of $600. As I previously posted, an e-reader purchase is also planned which will come out of my $600 budget. I will probably wait to see what Kobo does regarding new devices.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #3385
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
"Is this book better than the umpty-hundred unread books I own? Am I going to read it now?"
This is a good statement and I've written it out and sticky noted it to my screen.

My biggest problem, usually, is specials. But if I can keep the spending to things that are in the series I'm already reading (or plan to read in the coming year), that will help a lot.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:33 PM   #3386
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
This week have bought 2 Second life - sj Watson. £1.88 gifted - Kelley Armstrong 96p after coupon

Kobos top 50 books seem to have a good few deals. Currently tempted by Gillian Flynn sharp objects but gonna abstain as tbr is huge
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #3387
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Not going to Kobo.... Not going to Kobo...
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:52 AM   #3388
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

If you don't think you can resist the temptation, don't look.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:17 PM   #3389
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Another title on my wishlist went on sale for 99 cents. But I asked myself if I was going to read it soon and my answer was "no." Therefore, I let it go.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:11 PM   #3390
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Another title on my wishlist went on sale for 99 cents. But I asked myself if I was going to read it soon and my answer was "no." Therefore, I let it go.

That seems draconian, but I can't argue. If you're not going to read it right away, you might never read it. As I know to my own chagrin. Kudos.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote