Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
benong
Enthusiast
benong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-950
Can I close/cancel eBook Library account?

I have the following questions on Sony reader:-

1) Is it possible to close or cancel the account with Sony eBook Library account?
2) If yes, how do I do that? And what happen to the DRMed books I purchased from the Library? Can I transfer/give the eBooks to someone's account so that he/she can read them?
benong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think the closest you can come to closing or canceling the account would be to call Sony and ask them to delete it.

If it was me, I'd just make sure it didn't have my credit card stored in it and ignore the account.

If you do either of those things your books will just sit there in the latter event, or go away in the former.

The only way you could transfer the books to someone else would be to transfer the account to someone else. What I mean is remove your credit card info if you've entered it (unless you want them to keep buying new books on your nickel, of course), change the e-mail address on the account to the other person's address, and change the password to something you and they have agreed upon. Oh, yeah, don't forget to de-authorize the PC you're working on!

Then the other person could log into the Sony store using their e-mail address and the password you set (they can change it afterwards) and the account, with all its books, would then be "their" account.

Hope that helps.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
benong
Enthusiast
benong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-950
Thanks for your advise, NatCH! Perhaps I should suggest to Sony that they should give similar treatment to their ebooks like their eBook Library and Reader. That is, they should allow user to de-authorize the ebooks so that they can be sold/passed-on to someone??
benong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You can certainly suggest it, but I rather doubt they'll go for it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote