Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
notsure
Zealot
notsure has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350
Sorting Collections

Okay, so I just purchased 3 books from FW which are part of a long series of books.

Because I can only use Calibre to connect to my reader, I had to *ahem* remove the DRM on the books. The metadata in Calibre displays everything correctly and I've go the series information setup but when I got to that particular collection on the reader they don't seem to follow any order (certainly not the series order).

Have I done something wrong or is this expected behaviour?

Thanks in advance.
notsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
notsure--

Did you enter the book number in the box right below the "series" box? Calibre should order the books by the numbers supplied there.

Hope this helps--

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
notsure
Zealot

Hi dordale.

Yes, I did enter that information. Everything in Calibre shows up fine but they aren't displayed in that order on the reader itself.

Thanks for the response!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
had this problem once.

click "series" then "author"

that should sort them in order. (thanks kovid)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:54 AM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
You are using "Send to Device", not "Save to Disk" aren't you?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #6
notsure
Zealot

Yes gwynevans, I am.

So, do they need to be sorted in Calibre properly before I send them to the 505?

Maybe I'll try wiping them out tonight (all 3 books) and try to sort them in Calibre before resending.

Cheers.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #7
Shadowjack
Enthusiast
Shadowjack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, Kobo H2O, H2Ov2, Libra H2O
I have the same issue. Let us know if this works.
Shadowjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
notsure
Zealot

Nope, it doesn't work. Well, I can't get it to work anyway. :-)

I'm not sure in what order the books are displayed.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to send all the books in a series in one operation. That is select all the books and then click send to device
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #10
notsure
Zealot

Well would you look at that! I managed to get it to work! Thanks Kovid!

I had to delete the books, disconnect the 505, restart calibre, re-connect the 505 and send them as Kovid suggested.

Thanks again!
Old 06-03-2009, 05:10 AM   #11
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
You should normally be able to skip the "delete/disconnect/restart/re-connect" parts, as Calibre will just overwrite the books if already present (if it was what was originally used to add them to the reader).
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #12
notsure
Zealot

I've only ever had it connected to Calibre.

I tried without the "extra" steps I listed and it did not work. If I have time this weekend I may investigate further by creating dummy collections and changing the order around.

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
notsure
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
You should normally be able to skip the "delete/disconnect/restart/re-connect" parts, as Calibre will just overwrite the books if already present (if it was what was originally used to add them to the reader).
I managed to get it down to "delete/re-send". A simple send to device with the files already there yielded no result.

Thanks to all!