Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #76
D.I. Thomas
D.I. Thomas began at the beginning.

Device: Just call me Mr. Indecision
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsonyreader View Post
hmm... no one would happen to be in Hong Kong right?
Um, wrong actually

Lurker vacillating between Sony 505, BeBook and CyBook.

Amazed to find that I still have a Psion NetBook, Apple eMate, Ericsson M218 (re-badged Psion 5) Psion M400 computer/word processor and a couple of Psion 3MXs . As you may have gathered, I was heavily into Psion (RIP) but learned the penalties of getting too dependant on one platform. As it is, I happily motor along with a MacBook (black) for my daily needs.

Regards,

Ian.
D.I. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #77
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've always thought that any device named a "Psion," you should be able to access telepathically…
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2008, 02:00 AM   #78
D.I. Thomas
D.I. Thomas began at the beginning.

Device: Just call me Mr. Indecision
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
I've always thought that any device named a "Psion," you should be able to access telepathically…
Unfortunately, Psion devotees (and there were a lot of them) thought exactly that. We were therefore even more astonished when we learned, through old-fashioned devices like newspapers and magazines, that Psion had exited the retail side of electronic gadgets and left us with collections of wonderful but slowly ageing devices.

Regards,

Ian.
D.I. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #79
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #80
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Nobody in Luxembourg, Metz, Thionville, Arlon Trier or somewhere inbetween to show me a Cybook and/or a PRS 505? I pay the drinks!
I think the Cybook would be more my thing but I'm open. (and I haven't got any money anyway) So let me have a look and feel. Thanks.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #81
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
I am in Melbourne, live in the west, work in the north and spend a it of time in the CBD . Have the BeBook and Sony 500 and soon to have the Cybook as well (just not game to tell hubby yet that I have ordered a new e-reader).
I reckon we do have enough Melbournites to do a get together in the city, perhaps meeting at docklands or Fed Square.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #82
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Nobody in Luxembourg, Metz, Thionville, Arlon Trier or somewhere inbetween to show me a Cybook and/or a PRS 505? I pay the drinks!
I think the Cybook would be more my thing but I'm open. (and I haven't got any money anyway) So let me have a look and feel. Thanks.
hey mtrav, not sure whether we have any members in specifically those places but i recommend you check the french hookup thread (in the french forum) ; you might have a better chance. alternately, if you can get to paris on a saturday evening at the end of january, you can come to the next meetup, and there will surely be some cybooks there. watch the lounge and the french forum for info about the next meetup (perhaps i should start the threads already... )
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
I am in Melbourne, live in the west, work in the north and spend a it of time in the CBD . Have the BeBook and Sony 500 and soon to have the Cybook as well (just not game to tell hubby yet that I have ordered a new e-reader).
I reckon we do have enough Melbournites to do a get together in the city, perhaps meeting at docklands or Fed Square.
hey sianon, a Melbournite meetup sounds great ! i recommend for greater visibility you start a dedicated thread in the lounge. see the "meetup how-to sticky" at the top of the lounge forum for some useful tips.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #83
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Nobody in Luxembourg, Metz, Thionville, Arlon Trier or somewhere inbetween to show me a Cybook and/or a PRS 505?
I'm in Liege, not sure if that's too far for you. I have both devices (and a few more).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #84
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I forgot all about this thread.

I'm just popping in to say that Elsi and her husband met Tim and me for dinner last Thursday evening. We really enjoyed meeting them. And I finally got to hold a Kindle. We had to cut it short because they had a long way to drive in the dark, but it was such a pleasure to meet them.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:34 PM   #85
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
I'm in Liege, not sure if that's too far for you. I have both devices (and a few more).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I forgot all about this thread.

I'm just popping in to say that Elsi and her husband met Tim and me for dinner last Thursday evening. We really enjoyed meeting them. And I finally got to hold a Kindle. We had to cut it short because they had a long way to drive in the dark, but it was such a pleasure to meet them.
aw ! it makes me so happy to see people getting together to discuss the wonder that is ebooks. i'm thrilled to see people participating.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #86
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
aw ! it makes me so happy to see people getting together to discuss the wonder that is ebooks. i'm thrilled to see people participating.
igorsk and me will meet up pretty soon.We just have to find an appropriate time for both of us. Thanks, Zee.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #87
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
igorsk and me will meet up pretty soon.We just have to find an appropriate time for both of us. Thanks, Zee.
brilliant !! have fun ! let us know what you think afterwards ! (you got lucky there, igorsk is like a one-man meetup with all those devices ! a "meetup unto himself". heh.)
Old 12-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #88
dogwalker55
dogwalker55 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cybook in or around Buffalo, NY
dogwalker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:17 AM   #89
ChipnDale
Rescue Rangers
ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad
Anyone have a cybook/bebook in montreal?? I want to get my mum either a cybook, bebook or a sony. I have the sony 505 but I want to see the other two and compare before I decide.
ChipnDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale View Post
Anyone have a cybook/bebook in montreal?? I want to get my mum either a cybook, bebook or a sony. I have the sony 505 but I want to see the other two and compare before I decide.
If you do decide to get a BeBook, please use the code jswolf@gmail.com. That will help me get a BeBook for my wife.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demo, in person, meetup, show