Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #16
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I'm sure you will be able to use it without registering, though to update it you will need the PE update.zip for ermine.

I think that this is it: linky - this should be it.

To install I think you have to copy it to the root of the /sdcard directory(basically home), then reboot the device(you may have to rename it to just update.zip), I may be wrong though. Hope it works

Last edited by emusan; 05-27-2011 at 10:36 AM.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #17
ibllbi
ibllbi began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Thanks @emusan. I have the update.zip for ermine.
The problem is that the setup consists of 11 steps. #6 is registration. I cannot get past the registration screen. Are steps 6-11 essential to using the device.

BTW--
I got ermine at http://cdn.entourageedge.com/permine...zip.ermine-0.9 but I bet it is down. There may be links elsewhere. I found the link in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134237
ibllbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #18
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibllbi View Post
Are steps 6-11 essential to using the device.
I'm pretty sure that they are not, they were if you wanted to use the appstore, etc. but now that thats all gone you should be fine. I think you can press home to get out of the registration, that or there may be a skip button somewhere(may be hidden in a menu, try pressing menu button as well).
Old 05-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #19
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Forums are back up now.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #20
ibllbi
ibllbi began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Thanks @5thWiggle.
I could now register. The remaining parts of setup were DRM setup, reader screen sensitivity etc setup (touch these spots on the screen with the stylus),Brightness adjustment, Eula.
Others better register before the site goes away!
ibllbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #21
tiatrenee
tiatrenee began at the beginning.

Device: PE
I have been trying to get to the site since last night. I can't get to the login screen. Is anyone else experiencing this? I was ready to upgrade to Ermine and now I can't get to the link.
tiatrenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #22
tiatrenee

By the way I am not super good at this so any help with instructions to upgrade to Ermine using an alternate link would be greatly appreciated. Like should I connect my PE to my computer to do the update or ????
Old 05-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #23
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatrenee View Post
By the way I am not super good at this so any help with instructions to upgrade to Ermine using an alternate link would be greatly appreciated. Like should I connect my PE to my computer to do the update or ????
Power off the Edge and plug the power in (this is a step I do for anything long running just to be safe).

Put the downloaded file onto a USB stick or your microSD card (i used my SD card) and rename it update.zip (not 100% sure this is needed but it worked when I did it so why rock the boat).

Plug the SD card or usb stick into the appropriate slot on the Edge. Press the rotate and menu button with one hand. While pressing those buttons turn the edge on and continue holding for 10+ seconds.

The edge will go through most of the normal boot up process then the screen will say that it is updating. Wait for it to finish (it takes a bit) and you'll be up and running on Ermine.
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #24
tiatrenee

Thank you yugami. I will try this when I am feeling brave. I have read so much about the WSOD I have to gather strength LOL
Old 05-29-2011, 01:38 AM   #25
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Tiatrenee, are you trying to log in to the entourage website? If so, it no longer gives the login from the home page (it used to! ), but if you click on Knowledge Base you should see a login ----- <went off to verify>

Well I'll be danged! It says "Welcome! My Account login" but I can't! I just cleared cookies and IE temp files on this computer so I am no longer automatically logged in, and I don't see a way back except the bogus invitation to "login."

Tiatrenee, I'm sorry about your having to do things the hard way, but welcome to this community!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #26
tiatrenee

Thanks Filark for confirming I wasn't seeing things (or not seeing). I was so prepared to update per your detailed instruction from the entourage forum, even printed them out. Now I will have to gather confidence again that I can do it from a USB stick.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #27
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Well I'll be danged! It says "Welcome! My Account login" but I can't! I just cleared cookies and IE temp files on this computer so I am no longer automatically logged in, and I don't see a way back except the bogus invitation to "login."
Its okay, the my account page is gone now anyway, so there is nothing to really do once you are logged in(I'm assuming you can still log into the forums, that should be a separate log-in thing).
Old 05-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #28
tiatrenee

Sorry it was obsessed2 that wrote the detailed instruction in the entourage site. But I am sure Filark could give a tip or two as well. I will probably try to upgrade later today.....well maybe.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #29
tiatrenee

Okay I put the usb in and held the menu and rotate buttons and powered on the PE. It went to the startup menu and that is where it stayed. The usb is lit but I can't tell if it is downloading or not. Any thoughts
Old 05-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #30
tiatrenee

I tried again and this time it worked!! I have ermine!! Thanks everyone. Think positive thoughts for me......don't want WSOD or hibernation issues.