Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #241
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Patricia.

I was pretty sure I did exactly what you described and just to be sure I just tried to insert a picture following exactly the steps you described. Still nothing!

When I drag and drop the picture I don't see the picture in frame or the main BD page, although the src file name is populated with "pRnd_0858090160.jpg" (which isn't what it's actually called but I assume this is some kind of alias?). I then do exactly what you said (align middle and click insert) and nothing happens. I have now tried this a number of times with no joy and am really frustrated!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #242
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm a bit puzzled too. I can't think of any reason why this shouldn't be working.
Does anyone else have any ideas?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #243
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
No idea.
It never happened to me before. I use "insert picture" dialog.

Bilbo1967
Maybe there is something wrong with your picture?
Would it be possible to upload it over here, so we can test it?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #244
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hi Bilbo,

When you drag and drop the picture into BD, are you seeing the "frame" where the picture should be, or is nothing whatsoever appearing in the window?

Can you confirm that you are using BD5? ie you've installed BD4, and then applied the BD5 update to it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #245
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Harry - in answer to your question - I was getting absolutely nothing, but see below....

....OK - latest update everyone.

I now have the picture in my BD file - just playing around with this in frustration and noticed that both the fields below the 'Keep Ratio' check box were blank. If I put numbers (any numbers) in there, my picture then appears in the file - and can be tweaked to the right size by adjusting those numbers. Is this something I should have known or is it a bit of a glitch?

Having got it in there though it's still a bit weird, i.e. I can't delete the picture (not that I want to, but I'm a software tester by profession and just like to try these things out!), or move the picture, and it doesn't appear in the book when I make it a .lrf file and move it to my Reader. I'm putting this down to the fact that I messed about with this so much I've done something daft somewhere. I'll try a 'fresh' file soon and see what happens.

BTW - as a new member, I'd just like to thank all of you who have given some of your valuable time to help me out with this - THANKS
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #246
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At least two points I think I can address.

1. If you double click the pic, it will be "highlighted" and a dialog Insert/Edit Picture (that allows you to insert picture and its size) will appear. There is a button - delete. Click on it.

2. When you use Insert/Edit Picture box to insert a picture, initially almost all fields are empty/void of numbers, however, when you browse for the pic, find it, click on select and it appears in the file line of the Insert/Edit Picture box, then some numbers appear, such as width, height, percentages and true size of the pic in pixels. I usually use insert button next to from clip button.

If the picture is huge, then I would resize it in any picture editor, such as IrfanView.

Didn't have much success with align feature.
Right now it is set to Baseline and there is no tick in in line.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #247
astra
The Introvert

Oh, and if you think you have messed up some settings and you would like to start from a scratch then don't uninstall BD. Just unpack the update zip file in Book Designer folder and it will rewrite any changes you have made.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #248
kiddjugro
kiddjugro began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Not sure if this has been asked before, but is there a tool out there to edit the book's tags without having to go through re-exporting them? In particular, I am looking to standardizing my library to have authors' names listed as <Sunanme>, <Given Name>. This way I can better sort them according to the authors' surnames, just as they are arranged, say, in a bookstore.

Currently, what I do is open their .html0 "source" (I have these saved) and re-export them as LRF, setting the author's name in the above format. This takes some time doing, and I have quite a number of LRF's to modify. Any tool where I can do the modification without re-exporting will definitely be helpful.
kiddjugro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #249
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Thanks a lot for the tutorial Harry. I know that I would never have gotten around to actually using BD had it not been for your tutorial. While quirky, it certainly seems to be one of the best tools for making LRF ebooks. Cheers
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #250
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
If you want the author's surname to appear first, then remember to click on the option "book author from last name" on the "options" tab of the "make Sony ebook" pane in BD.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #251
camino real
Enthusiast
camino real is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-300
I've just used Harry's tutorial and designed my very first HTML file. Thanks Harry it was really helpful.

What I want to do is tidy up some awful lit to lrf file conversions that have broken sentences and other awkward problems. However BD doesn't seem to want to upload those lrf files. Should I rename them or is their another way that I can get these books into BD.

Thanks very much for any help you can give.
camino real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #252
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
BD will not load LRF files. You can try ABC Amber Sony Converter.

You will probably lose some formatting but it is free.

http://www.processtext.com/abcsonylrf.html

Quote:
ABC Amber Sony Converter is an advanced utility which converts your LRF (Sony) files to any format you wish (PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, DOC, TXT, and more) easily and quickly. The software supports a batch conversion, a run from command line, more than 50 languages. Batch conversion ability allows you to convert a unlimited number of LRF files at a time.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:29 AM   #253
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'll lose ALL the formatting - it comes out as plain text. If you have the original LIT files, the best thing to do is to use "ConvertLIT" to expand it to HTML, and then edit that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:23 AM   #254
camino real
Enthusiast
camino real is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-300
Thank you both. Most useful. I need to practice a bit more with BD so I'll find another sort story from PG and do that before tackling a bigger project.
camino real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:55 AM   #255
carried_away
carried_away began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
did you ever get this resolved

I have the same problem as below with bookdesigner, windows 7, and graphics. I have followed the instructions on the wiki and get the same results as Bilbo1967. I have also noted that when I run regsvr32 GflAx.dll I get a message with error code 0x80020009. Any ideas why? I have been using bookdesigner to format my LRF files for a while on winxp and really want to continue using it on my new win7 laptop. I'm wondering if the original developer has any plans to release a newer english version. Does anyone know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Harry - in answer to your question - I was getting absolutely nothing, but see below....

....OK - latest update everyone.

I now have the picture in my BD file - just playing around with this in frustration and noticed that both the fields below the 'Keep Ratio' check box were blank. If I put numbers (any numbers) in there, my picture then appears in the file - and can be tweaked to the right size by adjusting those numbers. Is this something I should have known or is it a bit of a glitch?

Having got it in there though it's still a bit weird, i.e. I can't delete the picture (not that I want to, but I'm a software tester by profession and just like to try these things out!), or move the picture, and it doesn't appear in the book when I make it a .lrf file and move it to my Reader. I'm putting this down to the fact that I messed about with this so much I've done something daft somewhere. I'll try a 'fresh' file soon and see what happens.

BTW - as a new member, I'd just like to thank all of you who have given some of your valuable time to help me out with this - THANKS
carried_away is offline   Reply With Quote