Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
System Bright and Kobo Library App....

I read a few posts here and around the Net saying that a user would turn off System Bright within the Kobo Library App and STILL would find the 'Auto Bright' function working to turn up or down the back-light intensity after they exited the Library app. For instance, they would see their back light intensity change on the home screen as they handled the Vox at different angles.

This is true. If you want to set the System-Wide back-light intensity to a user setting, you need to go into SETUP and then tap on the DISPLAY section. There, you will find the true System Brightness check-box and/or the intensity slide bar for your own setting. It is this setting that affects all the other apps and your home screen.

What the Vox in-house Library screen brightness setting does, is to let you adjust for that app only. As soon as you exit out, you are now running under whatever setting you set the system-wide brightness setting to be. Either auto/system bright, or your personal setting using the same control

I just thought to give this head's up.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Yuppers, you've got that right. Maybe it is my old eyes, but I turned the brightness down in settings almost as soon as I go it, waaaaay down.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert