Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Talking Howard, Robert E.: Cthulhu Mythos. V1. 18 Nov 2008

Robert Ervin Howard (January 22, 1906 – June 11, 1936) was an
American pulp writer of fantasy, horror, historical adventure,
boxing, western, and detective fiction.

He created — in the pages of the Depression-era pulp magazine
Weird Tales — Conan the Cimmerian, a.k.a. Conan the Barbarian,
a character whose pop-culture imprint might be compared to
such icons as Tarzan of the Apes, Count Dracula,
Sherlock Holmes, and James Bond.

With Conan and his other heroes Howard created the genre now
known as sword-and-sorcery in the late 1920s and early 1930s,
spawning a wide swath of imitators and giving him an influence
in the fantasy field rivaled only by J.R.R. Tolkien and
Tolkien's similarly inspired creation of the modern genre of
High Fantasy.

Howard remains a highly read author, with his best work
endlessly reprinted. He has been compared to other American
masters of the weird, gloomy, and spectral, such as Nathaniel
Hawthorne, Herman Melville, and Jack London.

Wikipedia

I could just had to use the cover.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Cthulhu Mythos.prc (134.6 KB, 952 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Don't shoot me, but I've never read any Lovecraft. Is there a reading order?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Now worries, DG. Cthulhu doesn't shoot, he/she/it just horribly and violently consumes, so I understand (I've never read either).
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
You know DG I don't know. I believe Cthulhu is just a mythos where various authors wrote short story around the mythology. See Cthulhu Mythos

I have actually never read any of Lovecrafts Cthulhu books either, even though my cousin constantly recommended them to me. However I am finally getting around to reading them. I usually post books I've read or am about to read which is why I posted "Call of Cthulhu". I guess I finally got around to following his recommendations. Shhhh don't tell him.

Last edited by =X=; 11-18-2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Added a line for clairification
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I downloaded this and the other Lovecraft book that was uploaded today. Maybe one day I'll actually get to read it. The to-do list is getting longer, and my brain is getting slower. Every time I start to read lately, I fall asleep.
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
I downloaded this and the other Lovecraft book that was uploaded today. Maybe one day I'll actually get to read it. The to-do list is getting longer, and my brain is getting slower. Every time I start to read lately, I fall asleep.
Uh-oh. That's a clear sign that Cthulhu is about to pounce. He sends you into a dreamy sleep just before the final terror-filled ending.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
It is a know fact that eBooks unlike pBook can transfer electrons the the human brain, due to the eBooks elctronic nature. Therefore before you fall asleep make sure you slide your eBook under your pillow so that you may continue to enjoy your reading.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
It is a know fact that eBooks unlike pBook can transfer electrons the the human brain, due to the eBooks elctronic nature. Therefore before you fall asleep make sure you slide your eBook under your pillow so that you may continue to enjoy your reading.

=X=
Well, I prop my hand over a pillow when I'm reading in bed, to stop my reader from dropping to the floor 3 minutes after I start reading. Does that count?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
No, you can read them in any order. It's only when you've read nine or ten and begin making the connections between them that the Awful Truth dawns upon you and you start to go mad...

Actually, I'd not bother with his earliest stories, which are a bit weak. The story "Call of Cthulhu" is pretty representative and will tell you whether you like his style or not.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote