Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 03:56 AM   #346
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch KBN905C
jeroenvi : mp sent.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:46 AM   #347
jeroenvi
jeroenvi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Much obliged!
Advert
Old 12-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #348
plasmid
plasmid began at the beginning.

Device: TrekStor Pyrus
Please, could someone send me a (link to) SD card image for the Kobo Touch N905C model (FCC ID: NOIKBN905C - ID: 8857A-KBN905c)? Thank you.

Could you please tell me if I can write it directly on the internal sd card simply connecting the Kobo to my computer and running a disk cloning command ("dd") from the console? Or do I have to extract the internal sd card and connect it to the computer before flashing?
Old 12-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #349
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmid View Post
Could you please tell me if I can write it directly on the internal sd card simply connecting the Kobo to my computer and running a disk cloning command ("dd") from the console? Or do I have to extract the internal sd card and connect it to the computer before flashing?
Normally you have to extract the internal SD card.

Theoretically it could be done with USB, if the device was still operational and the firmware modified to expose the entire storage, rather than just the DOS partition, over the USB link.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:06 PM   #350
sisprufc
sisprufc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I've been given a Touch N905B for bricking with XCSoar. The SD card mounts as a read-only file system, so I assume the thing is corrupted. Could someone supply an image please?
Advert
Old 12-13-2014, 04:50 AM   #351
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent. And then sent again with the correct link
Old 12-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #352
Ron3250
Ron3250 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch n905c
Kobo touch n905c sd image.

Please could someone send me an sd card image for touch n905c thanks
Old 12-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #353
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent
Old 12-30-2014, 04:40 AM   #354
Ron3250
Ron3250 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch n905c
Many thanks
Old 01-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #355
glorfybe
glorfybe began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Hi, I have a Touch N905B. Could someone please send me the image please?

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #356
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 01-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #357
blackeyed
blackeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch 905C
Can someone also pm me an image for the Kobo Touch 905C?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Old 01-04-2015, 07:10 PM   #358
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 01-05-2015, 04:17 AM   #359
greblos
greblos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch (N905C)
N905C image needed

Well, I feel really dumb. I read this thread before doing anything to my SD card, but still I managed to break it. I backed up the card prior to doing anything, but I used Disk Utility on Mac OS X to do so. Mac users, heed this warning: use dd in the terminal to image your SD card, NOT Disk Utility. By default, Disk Utility will make a compressed image that it may refuse to write back to the SD card later. This image file will not work in dd. If you convert the image to a raw format with Disk Utility or hdiutil, it will write with dd, the three partitions are there, but something seems to be missing and the Kobo will not boot.

I played with Marek's Android v2 image and it was fun, but I'd like to put the factory image back on the original SD and play with a different card to avoid this misfortune again. If it's not too much trouble, would someone please PM me the N905C image link?

Regards,
Reid
Old 01-05-2015, 07:41 AM   #360
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Closed Thread