Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
This is my 5,000th post!

This is my MobileRead post number 5,000. I now have more than 6 million karma, so that averages about 1,200 karma per post! Thanks guys!

Now, a little bit off topic, but check out this video for the future of computer displays that correct for visual defects without the need for eyeglasses or contact lenses:

http://vimeo.com/41664603#

Reading in bed will be easier without glasses, when this technology comes to ebook readers. And these displays even correct for CATARACTS! Awesome!

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-04-2013 at 02:27 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Grats mate.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
You spend way too much time on MR. Go read a book.

Edit (And congratulations of course!)
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Hehe... unfortunately, Karma has become completely worthless.

See this post and the accompanying discussion.

Nevertheless, at least in this forum: congratulations, and thank you.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Hehe... unfortunately, Karma has become completely worthless.

See this post and the accompanying discussion.

Nevertheless, at least in this forum: congratulations, and thank you.
For the life of me, I can not see how that post about Amazon branded credit cards has anything at all to do with the Karma feature of this site.

Could you please explain?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Congratulations geekmaster. I'm still working on getting to 4,000 but I'm gaining on ya.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
For the life of me, I can not see how that post about Amazon branded credit cards has anything at all to do with the Karma feature of this site.

Could you please explain?
Sure.

There was a guy putting forward random accusations towards Amazon. That guy is generally disliked by, and his story is being questioned by, "the regulars". Yet, he managed to get almost 500,000 karma with just 3 posts.

It (probably) took me somewhere around 200 posts to even get to a karma of 100,000, and I at least hope that those posts were much more insightful and useful than the 3 posts of that guy.

Which is why I'm saying: karma is not a good measurement for "usefulness" - or for anything at all, in fact.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Sure.

There was a guy putting forward random accusations towards Amazon. That guy is generally disliked by, and his story is being questioned by, "the regulars". Yet, he managed to get almost 500,000 karma with just 3 posts.

It (probably) took me somewhere around 200 posts to even get to a karma of 100,000, and I at least hope that those posts were much more insightful and useful than the 3 posts of that guy.

Which is why I'm saying: karma is not a good measurement for "usefulness" - or for anything at all, in fact.
Yep that does seem strange. I'm at over 10 million karma but have over 3.400 posts since I registered in 2010 which works out to 3171.8 Karma per post. I don't know how I got that high (though I imagine a good chunk may be from ebook uploads) but it didn't happen overnight.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote