Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
New Vid: Dual Boot ICS(CM9) w/ stock 1.4.1

I opted to document my last run-through of my dual boot guide (repartitioning and running two OSes internally, not one from SD), setting up the CM9 preview alongside the latest B&N stock:

It's not a simple or risk-free mod, so I would not suggest just following the steps if you don't understand what you're doing.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
oppy
Connoisseur
oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook Color
Nice!
oppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
What's the speed like with CM9? I think I might try this out tonight.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:47 AM   #4
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Unless you're up for compiling it from source, the only CM9 zip available is a very early preview with many things not working (small stuff like...sound). I just took it for a test drive because I was planning to rebuild from scratch anyway, to thin out my apps and get started with a new launcher, and it was there

I liked a lot about the interface, and the only thing I noticed that definitely was not smooth was shifting orientation, which was very choppy and odd-looking. I'm pretty sure they've fixed that issue, but again, the only way to get that fix is compiling from source, which is how the devs plan to keep it until they have something much more stable.

Now, if you have a spare SD stick around, you could always set it up with verygreen's image and install the preview that way, just to have a look.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote