Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
Heathside Boy
HB
Heathside Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC / Calibre
DRM restricted book

Could somebody solve this puzzle for me?

I bought two e-books from the Kobo website and downloaded them to the Adobe Digital Editions software I had on my computer.

I then transferred them to Calibre for reading.

I was told of Apprentice Alf's Blog for the stripping of DRM using various plug-ins in Calibre. I have successfully used some of the plug-ins to work with other certain formats.

There is a plug-in that strips the DRM in ADE and I have installed this within Calibre as per the README files from Alf's blog.

One of the books transferred, works no problem at all and you can read it in Calibre. Unfortunately, I'm still being told that the other book transferred is DRM protected, even though the plug-in is definitely there and it worked with the other book exactly how it should.

Has anybody else come across this scenario and is there anyone out there who could tell me how to get around this so I can read the other book in Calibre?

Cheers

HB
Heathside Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Specific details of DRM removal are not allowed to be discussed on MR. Feel free to ask specific questions about Alf's tools on the blog from which you downloaded Alf's tools. They have the answers and usually respond in a timely manner.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
Heathside Boy
HB
Heathside Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC / Calibre
Sorry, I did not realise. I did buy the book just to let you know.

HB
Heathside Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathside Boy View Post
Sorry, I did not realise. I did buy the book just to let you know.
No problem, most (if not all, I'm no expert) of the DRM tools/plugins do not work unless you are authorized to read the book.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote