Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 03:48 AM   #1
soleilos
soleilos began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre Portable batch file.

Hi,

I am gradually getting involved in calibre. Its very handy.

I need to have the original calibre-portable.bat file that the calibre-portable.exe is built from.

It seems to be different batch file from the calibre-portable.bat located in resources folder.

Thank you.
soleilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:14 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The two are not directly related. The one in the resources folder is a batch file and precedes the .exe version and isa Windows batch file while the other is a binary program file. The batch file gives the user finer grain control than the .exe version. Having said that they are almost certainly using common techniques for controlling the placement of Calibre files.

Have you tried setting up a Calibre development environment as defined in the documentation. I would expect the source for calibre-portable.exe to be there (although I must admit I have not checked) and it is likely to be Python code like most of the rest of Calibre.

Last edited by itimpi; 08-20-2011 at 04:19 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The source is in setup/installer/windows/portable.c
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote