Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
NOOKcolor Tools - Manual Root Process

NOOKcolor Tools gained my interest because of the Manage Application function that was touted by some here.

I don't know how those who used autonooter access NOOKcolor Tools. For those who rooted manually, like myself, here's how we can access those additional settings.

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Acces_...pment_Settings

Just tried it and it works.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
The NOOKcolor Tools app is now included in the Autonooter package.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I couldn't find the .apk anywhere and kept searching for something when I discovered the above method.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
i put the apk from my NC up on rapidshare if you're interested.

NookColorTools_0.2.apk
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroh View Post
i put the apk from my NC up on rapidshare if you're interested.

NookColorTools_0.2.apk
I was kinda asking for the .apk from someone, in a roundabout way.
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
When you install that manually, the first time you run it, does it request superuser access?
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I was kinda asking for the .apk from someone, in a roundabout way.
Yeah.. I got the hint.

Krypto, I'm not sure since mine was part of autonooter but maybe SCION can answer your question.
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
We'll see what Scion comes up with, regarding the manual install. That tool accesses an awful lot of data.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

It didn't specifically request superuser access.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #10
sagiquarion
sagiquarion began at the beginning.

Device: bebook neo, PRS-900 DE
FOlks with Root

So you folks that have rooted your NC; what do you think of it's reading ability compared to stock? Particularly the PDF handling? I presume the stock reading app from BN is intact after root? Which is the most popular choice of pdf handling once rooted?

I know that the NC handles PDFs fine via is reader app if the pdf if DRM protected but uses that shitty viewer if not. That is what I'm trying to avoid rooting and if I can get some more functionality out of it, all the better.

Does any one out there have an archos 70 or 101 and uses that for reading? I hear the screen on the NC is vastly superior to anything presently available due to pixel density.
sagiquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

Stock reading functionality remains. ezPDF Reader is popular. I don't have an Archos.