Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
It's a web page accessed through the Internet, unless it stores its web pages someone other than /var/local/waf/draw. (Or cached somehow....)
I suppose it should be there, if it was a "real" WAF.
So, I think it couldn't be done...
Sure, it was too damn easy!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #17
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I suppose it should be there, if it was a "real" WAF.
So, I think it couldn't be done...
Sure, it was too damn easy!
The real web page for it is http://mrdoob.com/projects/harmony/#simple . The closest we could get to trying to make the save button work would be reverse engineering the site. The point is..... Any of these options aren't exactly the best but at-least we a have something though..... Right?
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #18
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
The real web page for it is http://mrdoob.com/projects/harmony/#simple . The closest we could get to trying to make the save button work would be reverse engineering the site. The point is..... Any of these options aren't exactly the best but at-least we a have something though..... Right?
Here's what I did in Komic:

Code:
function screenshot () { 
	kindle.messaging.sendMessage('com.lab126.system', 'takeScreenShot', '1'); 
}
Pretty simple....

If we could actually make draw tool work offline, we could alter the save button to trigger that function.
Then, we need to add this to config.xml:

Code:
<kindle:messaging>
       	<kindle:app name="com.lab126.pillow" value="yes"/>
	<kindle:app name="com.lab126.system" value="yes"/>
</kindle:messaging>
And we're done!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #19
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Here's what I did in Komic:

Code:
function screenshot () { 
	kindle.messaging.sendMessage('com.lab126.system', 'takeScreenShot', '1'); 
}
Pretty simple....

If we could actually make draw tool work offline, we could alter the save button to trigger that function.
Then, we need to add this to config.xml:

Code:
<kindle:messaging>
       	<kindle:app name="com.lab126.pillow" value="yes"/>
	<kindle:app name="com.lab126.system" value="yes"/>
</kindle:messaging>
And we're done!

Thats a great idea !

Just as feedback ,

For me draw tool works even with wifi turned off...

what do you say ?
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #20
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper View Post
Thats a great idea !

Just as feedback ,

For me draw tool works even with wifi turned off...

what do you say ?
Hm... I wonder how it's stored then? It's not in the WAF director and in-order to edit it we need to know where the page is stored... Anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #21
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
There are only two writable places: /var/local and /mnt/us
Sort of limits where to look (but be sure to look for hidden directories and files).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #22
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
There are only two writable places: /var/local and /mnt/us
Sort of limits where to look (but be sure to look for hidden directories and files).
During operation that is generally correct, but the startup scripts also write to the main partitions when booting both from main and from diags. But they wrap those writes with "mntroot rw" and "mntroot ro" in each case that I have seen.

In diags, various diag tests write in the /opt directory tree (which is on the diags boot partition).

Newer firmwares are also know to DELETE stuff from the main boot partition (such as /usr/local).

And of course, some hacks write to the main partition as well (to install startup scripts or keys).

But most changes are made to /var/local or /mnt/us, as you said.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-25-2012 at 07:25 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #23
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
During operation that is generally correct, but the startup scripts also write to the main partitions when booting both from main and from diags. But they wrap those writes with "mntroot rw" and "mntroot ro" in each case that I have seen.

In diags, various diag test write in the /opt directory tree (which is on the diags boot partition).

Newer firmwares are also know to DELETE stuff from the main boot partition (such as /usr/local).

And of course, some hacks write to the main partition as well (to install startup scripts or keys).

But most changeds are made to /var/local or /mnt/us, as you said.
So in the end that means just about everywhere.... I took a look around my kindle and after an 30 minutes I gave up looking for it. I'm working on reverse engineering the website... I'll figure it out eventually .
Old 07-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #24
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

what about this thread about a draw tool ? have you got trought this one titano ? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178513

Someone could talk something about that ?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #25
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
what about this thread about a draw tool ? have you got trought this one titano ? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178513

Someone could talk something about that ?
I guess reverse engineering was a little bit of an exaggeration. I'm poking around the web page and trying to create a waf that supports taking a screen shot. I guess I just couldn't think of a better term to use than reverse engineering....
Old 07-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #26
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

About this actual drawtool , seems its really just cached somehow . As I lost wifi today and it had gone ... too bad

really would be great a reliable draw tool for kt ...
Old 07-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #27
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

indexing 3 more threads related to these draw subjects i found here;

1Touch gestures in WAF apps

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183479

2geekmaster simple touchscreen script support hack

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170932

3 eink algorithmic art shell scripting

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172182

Last edited by TulseLuper; 07-27-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #28
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
For more native mode touchscreen support, see my "geekmaster signature capture" script too.

Also, on your URLs, you should remove the "&highlight=..." substring from your URLs. They are normally only in search results to show where your search keywords are located in the found posts.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-27-2012 at 11:47 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #29
shakaote
shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.

waf caching

It looks like waf offline storage is in each waf's "resource" directory, and stored in sqlite databases in AppCache or LocalStorage, depending on what sort of caching is done.
shakaote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #30
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
For more native mode touchscreen support, see my "geekmaster signature capture" script too.

Also, on your URLs, you should remove the "&highlight=..." substring from your URLs. They are normally only in search results to show where your search keywords are located in the found posts.
I´ve corrected those ,

Also ,

There´s maybe some way to build something as a dd framebuffer image extracter for use from inside a guilauncher , for example as a start/stop button? Or maybe trought some kind of touch shortcut ?

I couldn´t make usbnetwork work yet ... And i´m crazy about these dd raw images you guys got there ... please help to get this too !

Anyway , i think it would be really nice to take those from inside KT itself as a standalone feature...

If somebody have the tools for it , please ! Sometimes its so painfull to get trought all these terminals ...

thanks for all

Last edited by TulseLuper; 07-27-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Tags
launcher add-ons