Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
Library media

hey all
im navigating the info on how to set up for library loans.
completely confused

my library uses Adobe Digital, and Overdrive?

anyway, the main question is..... At the end of the info, it say All Media must be deleted at end of lending period...........

I thought this stuff had like built in programming that it stopped working or deleted after so long?
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #2
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
They expire and quit working after the check-out period, but don't necessarily automatically delete. ADE books will show as "expired" in the ADE library on your computer, but should be deleted manually (drop-down option in the library), more to keep the clutter out of your library than for any other reason, because they won't work anyway. Some readers (and mp3 players for audiobooks) don't have clocks and books will continue to work on them after the expiration date. I think that is mainly what they're talking about when it comes to manually deleting the files.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
This is what i am trying to understand- what clocks the downloaded book reads if there is no internal clock in the reader... Does it mean that if I turn my reader off after the book was downloaded and will not set the clock back to the correct time, then the book will not expire?
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by irenas View Post
This is what i am trying to understand- what clocks the downloaded book reads if there is no internal clock in the reader... Does it mean that if I turn my reader off after the book was downloaded and will not set the clock back to the correct time, then the book will not expire?
There is a clock in the reader and when you download a book the clock is used, no matter what the time or date happens to be. It will work unless the clock/date is set to an earlier time such as by totally turning off the unit. If you start with it off and then turn it on and download the book it is likely ok. however, please don't steal library books.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There is a clock in the reader and when you download a book the clock is used, no matter what the time or date happens to be. It will work unless the clock/date is set to an earlier time such as by totally turning off the unit. If you start with it off and then turn it on and download the book it is likely ok. however, please don't steal library books.

Dale
I have NEVER stole a book! Not even from a friend....
I was just trying to understand how the things work. Thanks for clearing this out
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
cancelx
Nervous Groupie

same here

a little quick on the "steal" word mate

Last edited by cancelx; 04-08-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Dale is a moderator and is wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx View Post
same here

i little quick on the "steal" word mate
Dear cancelx:

Dale on this forum is a MobileRead Forum Moderator and likely the smartest man alive on eBook Readers.

I kid him on being an old cranky bear sometimes... but Dale is very, very supportive on here and a wonderful and constant source of input and advice and answers. Many of the Firmware Upgrades are the result of things Dale said we need and he is invaluable.

I know Dale only meant well and was likely joking about "steal". Dale was actually at the Astak booth at CES meeting people and answering questions. You would really enjoy meeting him. He is a great guy with an incredible mind!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
cancelx
Nervous Groupie

robert-- i dont doubt it, he's helped me too.

just not a "friendly, community" kind of tag to end one's helpful comment is all, especially amongst a group of writers, publishers, and readers.

anyway, no worries.

Last edited by cancelx; 04-08-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #9
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx View Post
robert-- i dont doubt it, he's helped me too.

just not a "friendly, community" kind of tag to end one's helpful comment is all, especially amongst a group of writers, publishers, and readers.

anyway, no worries.
It's very hard, even with emoticons, to "hear" the tone with which something is being said. I have seen great arguments arise between people, who in the end, agree with each other, but argued simply because something is read into something that was not intended.

I read the quip about not stealing, and didn't see any intended offence, just that, the discussion hinted at a possible way to fool the DRM and he was covering himself so nobody thought he was advocating something underhand. That's just how I took it anyway. I could be wrong too
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #10
cancelx
Nervous Groupie

i dont think this needs a thread...

simple question asked and answered early on.

anything more seems to just get spurious and not my interest or intention

no more from me,

later