Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I'm using "Light" as well. I liked a few of the HD themes but they keep changing every once in a while.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #17
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like one of the "Mountain" theme's. Not the one with the rolling tree'd hills, but the one with big snow covered mountains with little patches of tree's and gravel.
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 05:52 AM   #18
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I'm using "Light" as well
Back to "Light"
I have been trying, honest, to get used to the "Wood" that I like. No chance. Email is a working horse for me. It must be functional with as few bells and whistles as possible.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
How do you like the new look for Gmail? I like the HD themes a lot better than the old theme's.
Hmmm?

I don't use it much, but am not seeing anything different as far as I remember....course I have alzheimers....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:51 AM   #20
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Nothing's changed at my end. Do you find the way the threads are displayed confusing? The way they concertina up. It's taken me a while to get my head around it. No other mail reader works like it.
Makes me crazy some times!

and no I'm not seeing anything new here.

Oh wait, I see that button in the lower right now. Is it a One-Way Street?

Can I switch back if I hate it?

Hmmmm.....(my avatar says) ... looks like it's coming whether I want it or not...

Okay, Okay, I did the conversion. Using "Planets" as a background. These sorts of things (background images, fonts, thickness of lines, full justification etc. just don't do much for me. meeehh.)

Last edited by kennyc; 11-03-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #21
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I don't see it. No new version, no button to switch, nothing. However, it has also stopped giving me the "Gmail no longer supports this version of your browser; please upgrade" so maybe that has something to do with it.

That said, I'm currently using a theme that changes with the weather outside -- I'm in a windowless office and the variety is nice. Am I going to lose that option when my work computer finally upgrades to the latest version of IE? (Which will probably be next week when I schedule my Windows 7 upgrade.)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #22
The Terminator
Retired

Well it's a Gmail update so everything should stay the same no matter where you log in from or what browser. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #23
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did get the "gmail no longer supports this version of your browser" message this morning, so that hasn't gone away. I'll bet the new look is the reason I get the message and why I don't see the option for the new version.

It does make me wonder -- if I'm still on IE7 when the make the switch permanently, will I not be able to log into Gmail at all from this browser?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #24
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I think the HD themes are very distracting, so I use one of the color themes (Dusk, I think). But the spacing in "comfortable" mode is very welcomed - I always like things to be far from each other.

In general, I like its simplicity.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:09 AM   #25
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Who likes using stationery with loud background images on it?
It's sort of like trying to watch closed captions on TV while they are running ticker-tape news updates.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #26
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Who likes using stationery with loud background images on it?
It's sort of like trying to watch closed captions on TV while they are running ticker-tape news updates.
Yeah, I don't get the appeal of some of this stuff. I often think it's just change for change sake....the appearance of evolution but no actual evolution.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #27
anijh
Connoisseur
anijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1e, Kindle Fire, and multiple iDevices
I'm using the Light theme. I find the HD themes to be distracting.
anijh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #28
sakura-panda
Guru

So I upgraded my Gmail at home over the weekend, and it was fine, then I came back to work and I still have the new verision -- except that it really doesn't work in my old version of IE.

I don't see an option to change it back, so I guess I'm stuck and I won't be able to monitor my email at work anymore. I'm not missing much, but it was nice to be able to do that because otherwise it gets bogged down really quickly. (I'm on a lot of lists for sales and coupons. I weed them out regularly, and unsubscribe from ones that are no longer useful for me, but I still get a bunch every day.)

Other than that, I find it to be ... okay. I don't like that I can't see all of my labels anymore, and that's really the only new feature that I'm going to have trouble adjusting to. I don't see what the benefit is to having larger spaces in the listings themselves, except that I can't see as much on the screen, but it's not something I can't live with.

Last edited by sakura-panda; 11-07-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #29
Birds
JSenGupta
Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
So I upgraded my Gmail at home over the weekend, and it was fine, then I came back to work and I still have the new verision -- except that it really doesn't work in my old version of IE.

I don't see an option to change it back, so I guess I'm stuck and I won't be able to monitor my email at work anymore. I'm not missing much, but it was nice to be able to do that because otherwise it gets bogged down really quickly. (I'm on a lot of lists for sales and coupons. I weed them out regularly, and unsubscribe from ones that are no longer useful for me, but I still get a bunch every day.)

Other than that, I find it to be ... okay. I don't like that I can't see all of my labels anymore, and that's really the only new feature that I'm going to have trouble adjusting to. I don't see what the benefit is to having larger spaces in the listings themselves, except that I can't see as much on the screen, but it's not something I can't live with.
Hi.

After I switched over I could not see the option to change in back either. After logging in a couple of times the button on the lower right mysteriously appeared again and then I could switch back.

I really miss the faint dark lines that separated message titles in the folders. It's less comfortable to scan down while reading. I also have the impression that something has changed in the boldness or contrast of the text which makes messages more wearing to read.
Birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #30
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
@ Birds and sakura-panda: Log in. You see the small button with the flower image that says "settings" when hovered? Click it, and choose "Revert to the old look temporarily".
(To make things easier, I attached a capture of my screen.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	133
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	78747  
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote