Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #1
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Problem installing apps/Solution

My sister was having problems with apps downloading but getting hung up on the installation screen. I looked at it last night and didn't see anything obvious going on, but sure enough, I tried to install a random app from the Amazon app store and it hung up on the installation bar with no progress. The first thing I did was power it down and back up. Aha! This time the notification area showed about 8 or 9 apps queued for installation, and all of them quickly installed but one. (I found out then that she had cleared the notifications thinking it was clearing the processes.) The app that didn't install -- a children's app -- still hung up.

I looked and found that the app was listed as being on the device already, so I deleted it from the device and restarted. Nope, no good, it popped up in the installation area again and hung up, and wouldn't allow anything else to install.

Finally, I picked up MY fire and logged onto her "Apps and Devices" screen through the browser. I found the app in question and deleted it from the cloud completely. It was a free app so no money lost anyway. Restarted her Fire, and voila, problem solved. It was a pain in the neck, though, and I can totally see how someone not familiar with Android quirks would get frustrated with this happening. I don't usually let more than 1 or 2 downloads get in my queue so I can see right away if there's a problem. I also shut down any time I think there might be a problem, because a restart solves a lot of problems. She's not used to having to do that on her iPhone, though.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Finally, I picked up MY fire and logged onto her "Apps and Devices" screen through the browser. I found the app in question and deleted it from the cloud completely.
Hi, I've been looking for a way to deleted Apps from the Amazon store for a while, but must be overlooking it.

Could you tell me how you did it? Thanks!
xari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xari View Post
Hi, I've been looking for a way to deleted Apps from the Amazon store for a while, but must be overlooking it.

Could you tell me how you did it? Thanks!
You have to do it from the Amazon website, but remember you'll have to repurchase it if you ever want it again if you do this. Log in to the Amazon website and click on the App store on the left sidebar. I think there is a choice there for My Apps and Devices. Click there and you'll see a list of your apps. Click on it and choose the Action dropdown box on the right, then choose Delete. Done!
Old 12-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
You have to do it from the Amazon website, but remember you'll have to repurchase it if you ever want it again if you do this. Log in to the Amazon website and click on the App store on the left sidebar. I think there is a choice there for My Apps and Devices. Click there and you'll see a list of your apps. Click on it and choose the Action dropdown box on the right, then choose Delete. Done!
Hmmm. That's where I've been going previously, but when I click on Actions these are the only options provided to me:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	294
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	79795  
Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
Quote:
Hmmm. That's where I've been going previously, but when I click on Actions these are the only options provided to me:
Same for me. I see no "delete" option.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #6
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!

Hmm. I have no explanation for that. I checked mine using both the Silk browser and Dolphin mini browser, and on every one of mine I have the additional option of Delete this App. I thought it might be because I have another Android device set up in my acct, but my sister doesn't and she has the Delete option also. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Edit. Hold that thought...I checked it on the silk browser a minute before I posted and the delete option was there. I checked it on dolphin just now and it isn't. I'm pretty sure I was on the dolphin browser last night though. ???

Let me try something else...

Last edited by bjones6416; 12-09-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
xari
Kindle Obsessed.

Quote:
Hmm. I have no explanation for that. I checked mine using both the Silk browser and Dolphin mini browser, and on every one of mine I have the additional option of Delete this App. I thought it might be because I have another Android device set up in my acct, but my sister doesn't and she has the Delete option also. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
I kept playing around and found that if I entered the 'Apps & Devices' area from the Apps part of the website, the Delete option did appear. (However, if I went there from the 'Your Digital Items' link, it didn't.)

So, one problem (deleting unwanted apps) down.

Next problem: My Fire still shows the apps as being in the cloud. I've tried rebooting, clearing the Appstore cache and rebooting again, but they still won't go away.

Anyone have another suggestion?
Old 12-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hmm, I see the delete option when I go to "Your Account>Your Apps and Devices" on both the desktop under Firefox and with Silk on the Kindle Fire.

I was thinking maybe the difference was having Amazon Prime or not, but anyone with a KF should have Prime also.

Edit: You're right Xari, I thought the app I deleted was gone, but it's still there on the cloud when I sort by title, how annoying.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #9
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!

Quote:
I kept playing around and found that if I entered the 'Apps & Devices' area from the Apps part of the website, the Delete option did appear. (However, if I went there from the 'Your Digital Items' link, it didn't.)

So, one problem (deleting unwanted apps) down.

Next problem: My Fire still shows the apps as being in the cloud. I've tried rebooting, clearing the Appstore cache and rebooting again, but they still won't go away.

Anyone have another suggestion?
And now I see it again with Delete option, accessing it the same way I did a minute ago. Weird.

I think if you Sync your Fire now using the settings menu at the top, it will clear out that old app.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
xari
Kindle Obsessed.

Quote:
And now I see it again with Delete option, accessing it the same way I did a minute ago. Weird.

I think if you Sync your Fire now using the settings menu at the top, it will clear out that old app.
Nope. Tried that a few times, and they're still there. Annoying me.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
This looks promising if there is a delete option showing up even if it's not working. Looks like we might finally get a way to delete all the cruddy apps we will never use on our accounts soon.

Just checked I have this option now on Firefox via Desktop! Wheeee! I'm going delete happy!

It works!!! I am now 20 apps lighter. I synced on my phone and it removed them from My Apps haven't tried on the Fire but when we first got our phones hubby went hog wild on free crappy apps and I had to wade through them to find anything I bought and now I don't anymore!

There are a few on my account that don't have a delete button yet but most of them are gone! Woohoo!

Last edited by Blossom; 12-09-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #12
xari
Kindle Obsessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Hmm, I see the delete option when I go to "Your Account>Your Apps and Devices" on both the desktop under Firefox and with Silk on the Kindle Fire.

I was thinking maybe the difference was having Amazon Prime or not, but anyone with a KF should have Prime also.

Edit: You're right Xari, I thought the app I deleted was gone, but it's still there on the cloud when I sort by title, how annoying.
Found the solution!

From the Apps section, you have to go into the Store.

Press the Menu button and select 'My Apps'.

When those come up, go back into the Menu again and select 'More'.

And in the 'More' section, the first option listed is to 'Refresh My Apps'.

Wa-la!

(Of course, it would have been nice if it could've updated on it's own and/or 'Refresh My Apps' was in a little more obviously place. But, at least the deleted apps are finally gone! )
Old 12-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #13
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
I don't have the delete option anywhere. I just checked using Firefox...no joy.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
I don't have the delete option anywhere. I just checked using Firefox...no joy.
My guess it's being rolled out in batches. Give it a few days and check again.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:39 AM   #15
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
I deleted an app from my Fire and there is a folder by that name in the sd section. Checked and inside that folder are some more folders. Each holds one thumbnail. Should I delete the app folder?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote