Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you enter multiple stories/articles in a single physical book within Calibre?
Do you just list the title of the physical book? 9 64.29%
Do you enter each story / article separately? 3 21.43%
Do you enter both the story and the book? 0 0%
Do you do one of the above and make use of tags? 0 0%
Do you just use tags? 0 0%
Do something completely different than the above? 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Hello Everyone,

As I'm gearing up to convert my library to calibre, I ran across this issue that has caused me to stop and re-consider things. It occurred to me others must have encountered this issue and found a good way to handle things. I saw no reason to re-invent the wheel so I thought I would ask.

How do you handle data entry for multiple stories or articles (in any media - short stories, manga, magazines, etc), gathered into one physical book, within Calibre?

I would also appreciate if you would explain the method you are using for data entry if you're doing something you feel might be of interest to others. Perhaps something you're doing is a much better option that what I've considered.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 06-22-2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Reworded
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I use <h2> tags and make a Table of Contents entry for each book.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert