Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-10-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
fun reading

I know that I've developed a reputation of finding really gross links. Don't worry, this is only weird, not gross. Honest.

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
Ceili
well, that didn't work
Ceili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
naw, that was (those are?) really gross And weird... ewwww!
Ceili is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The realistic baby cake would have been more than I could handle. My favorite was the cake that looked like the bride.

One of the cake links led to another fun site. UglyDress.com.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I thought I'd throw myself on the grenade first, but it looks like Ceili beat me to it.

Well, definitely weird, and some were kinda gross, but on the whole, I don't regret checking this link.

For those who like a bit more description of what they're getting into... what? Oh all right.
Spoiler:
It's a site on which supposedly "professional" baked goods are held up for ridicule... and justly so, if the sample I saw was at all representative.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #5
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazing. I actually clicked on an ad on that cake blog. And I think those of us who are ThinkGeek fans might like to check it out: http://www.shanalogic.com/

Not so much geek, but some pretty cool stuff. Like an "octo-owl tee." (Yes, what you get when you cross an owl with an octopus. Really.) And a panda belt. Sushi pillows and charm bracelets. Really, just kinda cool stuff.

I mean, how often do you see something like this?

Ok, maybe it's just that I need to get some sleep....
Advert
Old 09-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
The realistic baby cake would have been more than I could handle. My favorite was the cake that looked like the bride.
Hmmm. I wonder if I'm looking at the same web site you guys are. I didn't see either of the above. I DID see a cake with a good reproduction of Tom Selleck. Not that he really belongs on a cake, but it was done by a sorta decent artist!

Ohhhhh.... I've got to keep going further back on it!

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 09-11-2008 at 04:14 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I've known about cakewrecks for a while. Yes, some of them make me cringe. But some of them are funny. And this one is my favorite (safe for sensitive eyes - flowers and text only ) because it is proof that the human element and, most importantly, common sense can't be eliminated from the decorating process. I can't help but wonder if someone at the bakery looked at this cake and wondered "should I call the customer to be sure this is the right message?"

My office group has birthday cake once a month even if no one in the group has a birthday that month. None of us have an August birthdate, so a co-worker ordered a cake with "Happy Birthday Nobody" on it. She said the baker didn't even blink or question the request.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #8
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I'm with the comments saying they'd have been perfectly happy to get a cake decorated like this. In fact, skip the roses.

Though I admit I'd prefer better code.

Tags
duck!