Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #706
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I hit 73 finished (74 is at 85%, but couldn't find the time over the long weekend) and 21,839 pages (give or take). Same goal of 20,000 pages for 2012.

Green on the top bar indicates how much I went beyond my goal.

Last edited by Dazrin; 11-05-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added my final charts as a test.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #707
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have one book that has crossed the year gap. I onoly got 50 pages into it so it'll probably go into the 2012 pile if I ever finish it.

Total tally for 2011: 52 books. 15,842 pages. Way more than I should have been able to read.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #708
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
Yay! I made it! 132 books read in 2011....

I liked having a goal, but at times felt like I was reading just to get there. So, the only reading goal for 2012 is to just sit back and enjoy it!
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #709
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseShan View Post

I liked having a goal, but at times felt like I was reading just to get there. So, the only reading goal for 2012 is to just sit back and enjoy it!
Pretty much the way I felt, so one of my goals for 2012 is to read and ENJOY 60 books.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #710
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I didn't set an ambitious goal like 100 books in 2011. Mine was more modest: Read one book in 2011. I beat that goal by 81 books. More than that, if I'm allowed to count the 26 letters of the Ante-Nicene Fathers I read as separate books.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ticker 2011 12 31.PNG
Views:	585
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	80759
(Click to enlarge.)

In 2012, I plan to read two books.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-04-2012 at 01:18 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #711
jtdolphins
Zealot
jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseShan View Post

I also felt this way. For this year I am writing something up about each book I read. I liked keeping track of things last year, so I still plan on doing that. I just feel like I flew some books and I can't remember them as well.

For the fiction books, just a little blurb about what I thought about the book. Maybe for the Dresden Files I might take more extensive notes.

For the nonfiction books, I plan on taking some notes or writing down interesting things. If any new areas of interest come up I can plan to read that area in the near future.
jtdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #712
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
[QUOTE]More than that, if I'm allowed to count the 26 letters of the Ante-Nicene Fathers I read as separate books.[QUOTE]

You definitely get to count those! Kudos on reading them.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #713
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tponzo View Post
You definitely get to count those! Kudos on reading them.
Then the number of books I read in 2011 was 108.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #714
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
I managed to hit 160 this year...and I did a lot of re-reading. I set my goal at 165 for 2012...But that's 13.75 books per month! I am not sure if that will happen...

Last edited by MrsJoseph; 01-05-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: *sigh* typos
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #715
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
I managed to hit 160 this year...and I did a lot of re-reading. I set my goal at 165 for 2012...But that's 13.75 books per week! I am not sure if that will happen...
Per month, surely?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #716
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
I managed to hit 160 this year...and I did a lot of re-reading. I set my goal at 165 for 2012...But that's 13.75 books per week! I am not sure if that will happen...
13.75 books per month. A little less than 3.2 per week.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #717
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
*face palm*

Yep, per month, lol!

Still won't be happening. I have so much to do now...I can't imagine having that much free time to myself... (I have to drive to work now. I haven't tried audio books cause I generally hate them.)
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a terminator production