Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #24241
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Good luck. Hope you survive.
Thanks red. Made it back in one piece with sanity intact. Now for a nice glass of Merlot, methinks.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #24242
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The last Guinness in my frig ..... *sob*
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #24243
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks red. Made it back in one piece with sanity intact. Now for a nice glass of Merlot, methinks.
Are you sure your sanity was intact before you left for the party?
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #24244
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
The last Guinness in my frig ..... *sob*
Hmmm. Time for some Talisker.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #24245
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Excellent suggestion! Join me?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #24246
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I'm settling for an extra mug of tea for after dinner.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #24247
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Are you sure your sanity was intact before you left for the party?
Ha! Now you're asking. Perhaps "intact" is too strong a word. "Teetering" might be a better one.

No wine left in my glass, so I'm off to bed. Nighty night.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:50 AM   #24248
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Tell you what, have a long weekend on me, then start thinking about it again next week. Sounds like you need a rest from it .

Coffee all gone. Just about to take a bunch of screaming 11 year olds out for a Birthday dinner. Wish me luck.
Thanks, I really do need a break. On top of everything that's happened, she's now blocking my research project that was supposed to start next week. Because she doesn't understand the research question ... We hired students to work on the project the next two weeks and all ... I had a bit of a breakdown last night when I was talking about it with to my BF. Work isn't supposed to make you cry, is it?

Hope you had fun at the birthday party!

Cappuccino in my cup, looking forward to going home at 3PM today.

Last edited by Iridal; 03-29-2013 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Typo
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:38 AM   #24249
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx

Hey, Kopf hoch! Like Orlok said, take a rest, enjoy the long weekend and don't give a single thought to your working situation (besides studying the alternatives) until your next workday. Have a good cup of tea!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:16 AM   #24250
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Afternoon tea time... but it's not working... I broke my rhythm by oversleeping this morning, meaning I didn't have a relaxing cup of tea (yes, I drank tea, but gulped it rather than relaxing with it so it's not the same.) The dealing with reality... which often is NOT my favorite thing, then home again and trying to do 30 things at once and not getting many of them done... So tea right now, which 'should be' relaxing, isn't working. My brain won't slow down. Think I'd better give up and just meditate instead. So busy... but when I'm too busy to meditate for 20 minutes, that's when I know I need to meditate for an hour...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #24251
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Bancha in my cup.

Iri, time to find another job. I know you know this but I'll swing the sledgehammer. PLease do yourself a favor and look in places you normally wouldn't, you might be surprised at what you find. You don't know what is there until you look.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #24252
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bombay Sapphire in a very large glass with some lemon, lime, sugar, and ice. Because I deserve it!

Stitchawl
Old 03-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #24253
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Excellent suggestion! Join me?
Well, sure, why not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
Thanks, I really do need a break. On top of everything that's happened, she's now blocking my research project that was supposed to start next week. Because she doesn't understand the research question ... We hired students to work on the project the next two weeks and all ... I had a bit of a breakdown last night when I was talking about it with to my BF. Work isn't supposed to make you cry, is it?

Hope you had fun at the birthday party!

Cappuccino in my cup, looking forward to going home at 3PM today.
What ProfCrash said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Afternoon tea time... but it's not working... I broke my rhythm by oversleeping this morning, meaning I didn't have a relaxing cup of tea (yes, I drank tea, but gulped it rather than relaxing with it so it's not the same.) The dealing with reality... which often is NOT my favorite thing, then home again and trying to do 30 things at once and not getting many of them done... So tea right now, which 'should be' relaxing, isn't working. My brain won't slow down. Think I'd better give up and just meditate instead. So busy... but when I'm too busy to meditate for 20 minutes, that's when I know I need to meditate for an hour...

Stitchawl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Bombay Sapphire in a very large glass with some lemon, lime, sugar, and ice. Because I deserve it

Stitchawl
Yes, you do. Though I admit I don't understand your taste for gin when the world has single malt. But take that time in the morning. Once you start a day like that, it just never quite recovers.

Peet's Holiday Breakfast Blend.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #24254
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Yes, you do. Though I admit I don't understand your taste for gin when the world has single malt. But take that time in the morning. Once you start a day like that, it just never quite recovers.
Absolutely. I prefer to wake at least two hours before I need to leave the house. A slow and gentle wake-up, followed by breakfast and a shower, then out the door. This hurry-up business if for the birds!

Stitchawl
Old 03-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #24255
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
Good grief. I'm very sorry to hear that you're having it rough at work. Perhaps doing a work diary will help you - get the incidents down on 'paper' to hopefully help you put them in perspective and also to make a contemporaneous record in case it's ever needed.

Top boss should be working for funding from higher-ups, not micro-managing the day-to-day stuff.

Coke Zero #3 in my cup very shortly.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?