Notices

Old 07-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #16
ath
Addict
ath doesn't litterath doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony PRS-505, Kindle Paperwhite & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Judge: So they defendant purchased the text for the going market rate?
Prosecuter: Yes, Your Honor.
Are you sure? Last time I 'bought' an eBook, I found that I didn't: I merely licensed it for various purposes ... or rather a single purpose, that of reading it in the manner the publisher decided.
ath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #17
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
@ Ath

Natch is talking about buying a p-book, and then converting it to an e-book.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #18
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yup. Wait ... wasn't that what we were talking about? Now I'm confused.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #19
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
If i do that, i feel fine on a moral ground. But i would say, it is still illegal. Because i dont make the copy myself, but get it from the internet. This shows, we need a better ebook format and no DRM and publishers and authors, that sell for a reasonable price.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #20
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
ok feeling slightly dumb here :/
what is a oeb book?, a single file or a collection of files (like the html/jpg/gif/opf when you unlit a lit file)

the iliad doesn't seem to recognise the extension .oeb or as i tried a folder with all the unlit files in it (assumed it might try to open the opf file)

maybe the software isn't capable of running it yet which is odd as i thought .xeb were in some part similar.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2006, 05:19 PM   #21
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
Btw.: You can open password protected PDF with the iLiad. You just have to activate the keyboad to make the dialog box visible.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:35 AM   #22
ath
Addict
ath doesn't litterath doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony PRS-505, Kindle Paperwhite & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66
what is a oeb book?, a single file or a collection of files (like the html/jpg/gif/opf when you unlit a lit file)
Collection of files, mainly in XML format. OEB stands for Open E-Book ... and used to be at www.openebook.org, but is now at www.idpf.org (International Digital Publishing Forum).

The document container that's based on ZIP archive structure carries the .epub extension (still only proposal). The so-called file-container seems to be an plain file structure, the 'top' file of which seems to be found by locating a META-INF/container.xml file and interpreting it ... but all examples I have seen so far use .opf as extension, so that may be a second method.

The container specification is still, I think, being drafted: it was recently posted for public comment at www.idpf.org .
ath is offline   Reply With Quote