Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
tags / series case sensitive sort

Hi Kovid,
a quick question / request. when i check the drop-down lists in the meta-date dialogue for tags and series, the sort order is case-sensitive. that is, the list looks like :

tags :
A...
B...
(...)
Z...
a...
b...
(...)
z...

is there a way to sort alphabetically without case sensitivity ? i'm starting to have quite a lot of tags (and a few series as well), and since some of them are added by the editeur of the book and some are my own, the cases are inconsistent. i often find myself looking for a tag about "Action" in the beginning of the list with the As and not find it, only to remember it might be "action" all the way down past the Zs...

then there's the problem that i might have "Action" *and* "action" (i do, in fact) ; if i just do a keyword search in calibre, both of them come up, but i think it might create 2 separate collections (not sure, haven't checked that), which is not optimal ! (already i've got to sort out "action" vs. "action & adventure" and "mystery" vs. "Mystery" vs. "Mystery & Crime"... my library needs a bit more organising i see... it would be great to be able to merge tags and automatically rename everything to one standard as well !!)

thanks !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Calibre treats series names case-insensitively. So Action and action are the same, but you can't change one to the other. I filed a bug report on this a while back. http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/ticket/2157

Last edited by sirbruce; 05-10-2009 at 01:10 PM.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it's mostly a problem in the list presentation in the dialogue, but i'll take a look at your bug report.

edit : it looks like your bug is not quite the same as mine. i'll see if kovid has some info here, if not i'll open a ticket.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Yeah it's not the same but it may be related in how the names are stored.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel

true, that's quite possible.
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
How about a "cleanup" button in the tag editor dialog that will automatically combine all tags that have different case to be one case (it will prompt you for the case of the combined tag?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
How about a "cleanup" button in the tag editor dialog that will automatically combine all tags that have different case to be one case (it will prompt you for the case of the combined tag?
that would be a pretty great solution, i think ! but could we also have a non case sensitive sort, in case the remaining tags aren't all the same case ?

(and the same for series, as well ?)
Old 05-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK open a ticket, I'm a little busy at the moment (defence coming up) so it will be a little while before I can get to it
Old 05-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
OK open a ticket, I'm a little busy at the moment (defence coming up) so it will be a little while before I can get to it
great ! thanks so much ! and no worries, it's not urgent.

good luck with your defence ! what are you defending ?
Old 05-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
great ! thanks so much ! and no worries, it's not urgent.

good luck with your defence ! what are you defending ?
My Ph.D. thesis
Old 05-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
My Ph.D. thesis
crikey ! you must be busy right now ! good luck with it, i'm sure you'll do brilliantly !
Old 05-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

ticket opened : http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/ticket/2421