Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-22-2005, 09:06 AM   #1
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
The Hole Man by Larry Niven (short story)

I just finished reading Larry Nivens Hole Man. has anyone read anything by him? This is my first and I really liked it. It was a very scientific book rather than a book that you just cant put down because of all the action. I really enjoyed arthur hawkings a breif history of time because of all the theories and science. This book was just like that. Everything was based on fact and very believeable. The book takes 14-20 min to read and only costs $.69. I love fictionwise for their short stories. I would rate the book a 4 out of 5 because it was really interesting to read but not really a good book. If that makes sence. I mean if you read a physics book for the first time it is really interesting but you dont tell your friend, man you just gotta read this. This books was really good for the scientific side of it rather than the sci fi side. I am deffinately going to get some more of his stuff! http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook635.htm
Team7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:29 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Niven is a fairly prolific writer, and has a _lot_ of fantastic SF under his belt. Some Niven you can try includes:

- Ringworld series
- Integral tree series (I think that's what it's called - set in a "gas torus" around a star)
- "Known space" books - too many to count, but include all the Kzin books (and the Ringworld for that matter)
- The "Motie" books - The Mote in God's Eye and The Moat Around Murcheson's Eye (also known as The Gripping Hand) - Corwritten with Jerry Pournelle. If you don't read any other Niven, read these!!!!
- Other excellent books are Footfall and Lucifer's Hammer (again with Pournelle)

There's more, but these are what I've read and love. I also don't know how many of these are in legal ebook form either

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert