Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #1
fxars
fxars began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Reading pdf web downloads

I downloaded a PDF file using the web browser. It's actually book length (>600 pages).

On initial download, it gave a choice to read it using "reader" or "quickoffice".

When I went to do something else, I attempted to come back to the downloaded PDF. I went to the web browser, selected downloads, and it goes into Quickoffice.

1) How can I get the browser to use reader (or Reader) instead of Quickoffice when I access the already downloaded files?

2) If using Quickoffice, how can I get it to go to the next page without having to use the "Go To Page" function? Sometimes it does go to the next page when I touch one side or the other, but it seems like accident. I can't replicate it at will.
fxars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Welcome to MobileRead, fxars! I would suggest that you might want to investigate the B&N app store for better PDF viewers. ezPDF Reader is often recommended on the forum here as being worth the price for its extra set of features.

In response to Item #1, I don't know of any way to force it to open in the reader. It has been a frequent question that no one has been able to answer yet. Here is a lengthy thread all about PDF's on the Nook Color that you might find interesting.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104764

In response to Item #2, it is not intuitive that you have to swipe up and down to change pages when you are in Quickoffice. Try up/down instead of left/right like the book reader.

Hope that helps!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert