Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #31
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
My cat refuses not to not sleep on my shoulders. That I dont mind so much, but the cat has constant gas and passes wind right in my face
ohhhh!!!! so does this one! I have some permanently singed nose hairs now! For such a cute little kitten she has the NASTIEST gas I have ever encountered! And she is on a good diet! She gets Innova cat food and yogurt!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #32
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
My cat refuses not to not sleep on my shoulders. That I dont mind so much, but the cat has constant gas and passes wind right in my face
Well at least you may have cured lilac_jive of her cat longings.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #33
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Well at least you may have cured lilac_jive of her cat longings.
LOL, nope!

Although I am wee bit grossed out..
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #34
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Usually my little Kindle-nommer is a bit camera shy but I managed to get a grainy cell phone pic of her at work.
Awwwww - cute kitty!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
ohhhh!!!! so does this one! I have some permanently singed nose hairs now! For such a cute little kitten she has the NASTIEST gas I have ever encountered! And she is on a good diet! She gets Innova cat food and yogurt!
that might be too much information but you should know that the yogurt could be the culprit... cats can't digest dairy products very well and you shouldn't give her any (or very little, from time to time, as a treat).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #36
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Sorry about the TMI. I hadn't thought about the difficulty with the dairy products. She sees the dog get yogurt on her food and wants some as well.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #37
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
Sorry about the TMI. I hadn't thought about the difficulty with the dairy products. She sees the dog get yogurt on her food and wants some as well.
heh, no worries, it's not a banning offense. my kittehs love yogurt as well, so i give them a bit from time to time, but not more than half a teaspoon full usually, just for the taste. or a tiny saucer of milk, but again not much, and really not often (not even once a month). but why does your dog eat yogurt ?

i think it's best to try to stay as close as possible to the diet a cat would have if it were living in the wild, which would be raw meat of birds, fish, small animals... so i give my cats wet food from a can and about twice a week instead i give them real raw meat : either some plain tuna from a can, or else some chopped meat. i buy something called "steak haché" which means chopped steak, well, i don't think it's really steak but i don't know what it is (i'm vegetarian myself, i know nothing about meat), anyway it's frozen in individual portions and one portion is just right for the two cats. i let it thaw and then divide it in half.

better still would be to go to the butcher and ask him to grind up an entire chicken or rabbit for me and freeze it in portions myself, but i can't stand to go in there, it's really more than i can take. even the smell when i walk past makes me feel a bit ill. those frozen steak hachés are really as much as i can handle, and even then i take great care to not touch it. maybe it's silly but it's really unbearable to me.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #38
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
I looked for a picture of a kitten and a Kindle to go with your thread, but this was the closest I could find:

stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:33 PM   #39
krisk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
heh, no worries, it's not a banning offense. my kittehs love yogurt as well, so i give them a bit from time to time, but not more than half a teaspoon full usually, just for the taste. or a tiny saucer of milk, but again not much, and really not often (not even once a month). but why does your dog eat yogurt ?
It's good for her coat, and yogurt helps nuetralize gas in dpgs ironically enough. It also masks the appearance of her fish pills and glucosamine pills. Both critters have phenomenally glossy coats. I really need to get a picture of the little monster going after my Kindle.

Do we have to have pictures on another website to post them or can we just import from our hard drives?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #40
zelda_pinwheel

ha ok. i don't have a dog so i really don't know much about how to take care of them.

you can attach a photo if you click on the "go advanced" button under the quick reply box ; then you'll see a button with a paperclip for attachments.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:49 AM   #41
krisk
Wizard

Here they are in December. I'll get more later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pi18.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	24267  
Old 02-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #42
zelda_pinwheel

so, either one of those beasties is reeeeeally big, or the other one is reeeeeally tiny ! which is it ?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #43
krisk
Wizard

HaHa! Well the dog weighs 160. She's a Newfoundland. The kitten was just about 8 weeks at the time and may have been 2 pounds dripping wet.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #44
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I didn't even notice the kitten at first!!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #45
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
So cute!
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote