Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #76
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Released v1.6.N, with dsmid's changes (thanks!)

That means there's no longer two set of install instructions, and it's a bit safer/faster for everyone .

(@dsmid: Could you check if I missed something? I think I got everything you tweaked, and updated the docs accordingly, and it works on my 4.1 device, but one more pair of eyes can't hurt... ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:07 AM   #77
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
I reviewed the changes (all seems to be correct) and even tried to install the jailbreak and everything went OK.
No issues at all, the spinner looks nice.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #78
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@dsmid: Thanks for checking!

Also, next time I get an idea, like 'hey, the 10s countdown is nice, but wouldn't a spinner look neater?', remind me to check if eips can actually *print* all the characters needed for a spinner *before* going ahead and writing^Wstealing one... (It can't print backslashes, hence the ugly X in place of \).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #79
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
bahahahaha

classic.

So its not only me...

! does not exist!

twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #80
loanwolffe
loanwolffe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Help!!!

just tried to do the jailbreak using the zip above, on my kindle touch. firmware 5.1.2

I went thru the 6 steps ok, but did NOT see the 'You are jailbroken' book in the kindle, then somehow I restarted it, and now it is LOCKED on the Diagnostic screen, it wont responde at all. It's a brick!
loanwolffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #81
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
... and exactly why did you follow the instructions for the Kindle 4, when you have a Kindle 5? Next time, inform yourself before doing things.

That said: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #82
Fabi
Fabi began at the beginning.

Hi. My old kindle died so now i have a K4NT, SO. As i could not get fbr i am trying to get coolreader. The fact is that OS is 4.1.1 and i tried to jialbreak it but there is no restart or update option in the menu. Can someone give me a hint. TY
Fabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #83
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabi View Post
Hi. My old kindle died so now i have a K4NT, SO. As i could not get fbr i am trying to get coolreader. The fact is that OS is 4.1.1 and i tried to jialbreak it but there is no restart or update option in the menu. Can someone give me a hint. TY
home -> menu -> settings -> menu <<-- that menu
If update is grayed out - you don't have the correct update file or it is in the wrong place.

If none of the above helps, contact Amazon to have the Special Offers removed.

Note: KUBRICK will let you re-install the Amazon OS
It will not distrub the SO function - you may still have to contact Amazon to have those removed.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #84
Fabi
Fabi began at the beginning.

TY. knc1.Restart is not in the menu. I did not know SO did have a a different menu wuithout restart.
Fabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #85
.alan.
.alan. began at the beginning.

Hi,NiLuJe! i really need ur help...
i did the jailbreak, and the system version is 4.1.1
after jailbreak, i didn't find ''linkjail'' folder in the root.
is it normal or something wrong with jailbreak?
thank u very much!

Last edited by .alan.; 04-04-2013 at 11:33 AM.
.alan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #86
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .alan. View Post
Hi,NiLuJe! i really need ur help...
i did the jailbreak, and the system version is 4.1.1
after jailbreak, i didn't find ''linkjail'' folder in the root.
is it normal or something wrong with jailbreak?
thank u very much!
Well. you are out of luck there then. He hasn't been around for a while now.

Here's a thought. : You didn't do it right.

"Kubrick" it and be done with your worries. That will do the work.

Easy job. 15 mins at worst.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #87
.alan.
.alan. began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Well. you are out of luck there then. He hasn't been around for a while now.

Here's a thought. : You didn't do it right.

"Kubrick" it and be done with your worries. That will do the work.

Easy job. 15 mins at worst.
thank u so much! but i'm sorry i don't know how to "Kubrick", could u tell me?
.alan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #88
twobob

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064

Top sticky
Old 04-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #89
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Hold your horses, this jailbreak doesn't install anything to user store.
So it's perfectly OK if you can't find the linkjail folder.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #90
twobob

A salient point

Perhaps simply testing if you can install some user content would be a pertinent test.

Tags
jailbreak, k4nt