Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
aces67
aces67 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
How do you get borrowed epub books onto Kindle?

My library finally has tons of ebooks I can borrow. The problem is they are epub books. How can I get them onto my Kindle? I tried Calibre but it wont work since the book has the drm on it.
aces67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aces67 View Post
My library finally has tons of ebooks I can borrow. The problem is they are epub books. How can I get them onto my Kindle? I tried Calibre but it wont work since the book has the drm on it.
The only way to get epub library books onto your kindle is to remove the drm. As will soon be pointed out, there are a number of questionable legal and ethical issues associated with drm removal. If you choose to proceed, you will need to get 'helpers' for Calibre. We are not allowed to discuss this topic in depth or to provide instructions, however if you google Apprentice Alf's blog you can find all of the information you need there....it is not difficult.
Good luck and welcome to the forum!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
The only way to get epub library books onto your kindle is to remove the drm.
Not true. This is a Kindle Fire so yes you can read Epub on it.

Sideload the Aldiko eReader app. You can then read epub on your Kindle Fire. You will need to sign in with your ADE ID using the app but after that you can directly download epub or you can use Overdrive's app which is pretty nice to read epub\PDF library books. I prefer Overdrive because it's pretty easy to navigate and download library books directly.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-20-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
aces67

I can't get Overdrive to work to save my life. I tried it and it keeps giving me a 2004 fulfill error. I'm using the same ID on both Overdrive and ADE and it still won't work. I don't know what else to try to make it work which is bad because it seems like a good program, especially since I can get it on my iPhone also.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
aces67

Hmm, You can read epub on Aldiko or Nook right? I have those apps on my Kindle but how do I get my epub books into the app?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
The only way I can know is by connecting your KF to your computer with a USB cord. When your computer can see files on the KF, the Kindle will appear as a device in ADE. Drag and drop books into "Kindle." Disconnect and you're done.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
aces67

Okay, after more searching here, I got Aldiko and file expert. When I tell file expert to use Aldiko for this book it asks me to sign in. I use my Adobe ID and I get a quick, quick screen that says authorized and then it flashes back to the sign in page again and the book still isn't showing up in my Aldiko app.

Any advice?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Okay, after more searching here, I got Aldiko and file expert. When I tell file expert to use Aldiko for this book it asks me to sign in. I use my Adobe ID and I get a quick, quick screen that says authorized and then it flashes back to the sign in page again and the book still isn't showing up in my Aldiko app.

Any advice?
In Aldiko, if you click on files, then Digital Editions, you should see your book.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I can't get Overdrive to work to save my life. I tried it and it keeps giving me a 2004 fulfill error. I'm using the same ID on both Overdrive and ADE and it still won't work. I don't know what else to try to make it work which is bad because it seems like a good program, especially since I can get it on my iPhone also.
See this thread from the Adobe forums. It looks like you may need to contact them to get it fixed. Here's another fix.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-20-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is a Kindle Fire...
Mea culpa...saw OP talking about a 'Kindle' and forgot I was in the Fire subforum.
Though I have to admit I had so much trouble trying to get Aldiko to work for me I just continued with my "improved" Calibre. This also made so I only had to deal with one format across my multiple Kindles.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Mea culpa...saw OP talking about a 'Kindle' and forgot I was in the Fire subforum.
Though I have to admit I had so much trouble trying to get Aldiko to work for me I just continued with my "improved" Calibre. This also made so I only had to deal with one format across my multiple Kindles.
I just use the overdrive app. It works fine for me. I know most prefer Aldiko. I've used Mantano in the past but I can no longer recommend it due to how buggy and bloated it's become.