Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #16
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Thanks for the advise. I will give it a try tomorrow morning.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:09 AM   #17
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

It is a problem with the sh-files. If I start e.g. the toolbox manually in rxvt, it works:

cd /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/tests/_code/Toolbox
/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_lua/bin/lua Toolbox.lua

Do I have to register the sh-Files within the OS?

OK, nxt try. I have splitted the cd-commands. Every directory a single command. Error in the first line "cd /media" - can't change to /media (seen in rxvt). That's the problem. But why? Manually in rxvt I can change to media with "cd /media".
And the commands above are working too.

Last edited by ThR; 04-30-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:44 AM   #18
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
It is a problem with the sh-files. If I start e.g. the toolbox manually in rxvt, it works:

cd /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/tests/_code/Toolbox
/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_lua/bin/lua Toolbox.lua

Do I have to register the sh-Files within the OS?

OK, nxt try. I have splitted the cd-commands. Every directory a single command. Error in the first line "cd /media" - can't change to /media (seen in rxvt). That's the problem. But why? Manually in rxvt I can change to media with "cd /media".
And the commands above are working too.
Excuse me for the silence, I've been away for some days.

What you show is very very strange... don't know what to say...
Perhaps a strange char on the desktop file? try to write a simple .desktop file from scratch (with no lua call) and check if that works... then try another one, more complex now, and so on...
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #19
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Lightbulb New release: v2

v2 - 2010/05/19 14:54:12
. added run_debug.lua and icons.lua scripts
. fixed ldbi.sqlite

Download from first message.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #20
ThR
Tatütatuter

So, after a while, I came back and did the update of the megapackage. Now - I'm sorry to say - I have the same problem with these applications anymore:

Minipad
Toolbox

The message: "The '*application-name here*.desktop' application cannot be opened. Possibly the application ist already open. Close it first and try again."

No Problems with:

FBReader
MultiCal
rxvt
stardict
RunDebug

For me -as the results of my superficially debugging tries - it looks like the application could not be found. e.g. meaning that there is my be a problem with the directory structure.
As a I posted before: cd /media is not possible, "no such file or directory"

***EDIT: One Hour Later

RunDebug is running! HIP HIP...
A change in the desktop-file at the exec-line was necessary:

Exec=/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_lua/bin/lua /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_lua/scripts/run_debug.lua
instead of Exec=/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_lua/scripts/run_debug.lua

Now I could have tested MiniPad and Toolbox. Both shows the same problem:

sh: /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/tests/_code/minipad.sh
: not found

BTW - is it possible to make the "selection"-window (where you select path or the program) bigger in RunDebug? It is veeery small...

Last edited by ThR; 07-20-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #21
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
So, after a while, I came back and did the update of the megapackage. Now - I'm sorry to say - I have the same problem with these applications anymore:

Minipad
Toolbox

The message: "The '*application-name here*.desktop' application cannot be opened. Possibly the application ist already open. Close it first and try again."

No Problems with:

FBReader
MultiCal
rxvt
stardict
RunDebug

For me -as the results of my superficially debugging tries - it looks like the application could not be found. e.g. meaning that there is my be a problem with the directory structure.
As a I posted before: cd /media is not possible, "no such file or directory"

***EDIT: One Hour Later

RunDebug is running! HIP HIP...
A change in the desktop-file at the exec-line was necessary:

Exec=/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_lua/bin/lua /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_lua/scripts/run_debug.lua
instead of Exec=/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_lua/scripts/run_debug.lua
I've download the package and the file "RunDebug.desktop" looks ok... where did you download the package from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR
Now I could have tested MiniPad and Toolbox. Both shows the same problem:

sh: /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/tests/_code/minipad.sh
: not found
they are only tests for expert or interesed users, so maybe they need some work to make them run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR
BTW - is it possible to make the "selection"-window (where you select path or the program) bigger in RunDebug? It is veeery small...
I agree, it needs some work... dont' have much time these days though...
Old 07-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #22
ThR
Tatütatuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
I've download the package and the file "RunDebug.desktop" looks ok... where did you download the package from?
From here.

Quote:
they are only tests for expert or interesed users, so maybe they need some work to make them run.
I'm interested. Let's go to work (meaning me).

Quote:
I agree, it needs some work... dont' have much time these days though...
No problem though.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #23
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
From here.

I'm interested. Let's go to work (meaning me).

No problem though.
Can't understand, I use this same package here and it worked ok for me....

Anyway, hope you like the package & lua itself. After python is my programming language of choice.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #24
Iņigo
Guru

New release: v3

New and updated modules, and an improved script which can extract cover images from FB2 files!

Note that it takes some time to analyze lots of .fb2 files, ~44 books/min on my DR800.
Also consider that it's not perfect, as fb2 files are often malformed xml files, or have non-supported encondigs, so the parser can't extract anything.

EDIT 2010/12/15: This new version attached here allows to only add new files.
In fact there is a new command line flag (--force-update or -u) that overrides the new default, but as advanced function you can't specify it from gui-icons.lua script.
(Tip: you can use the RunDebug script if you need ;-)

Code:
v3 - 2010/12/14 23:39:13
. new modules:
  - gzio v0.9
  - luaplot v0.2.0
  - ldbus
  - lbase64
  - lmd5
  - lrandom
  - date v2.0.1
  - lpeg v0.10
  - lualogging v1.1.4
  - luaprofiler v2.0.2
  - lpc v1.0.0
  - luadaemon v1.0.0
. updated modules:
  - posix 5.1.7
  - stdlib v16
  - lgob v10.11
  - ldbi.sqlite v0.3
  - hpdf v1.0
. improved icons.lua script, now supports fb2 files
. added gui-icons.lua script
Download from first message.
Attached Files
File Type: gz icons.lua.gz (3.0 KB, 408 views)

Last edited by Iņigo; 12-15-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added new version of icons.lua attached
Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #25
friflaj
friflaj began at the beginning.

Device: Irex 1000S
Will this work on the DR1000? I know about the Vala thread, but I don't want the entire compile thing. I just need some very simple scripts that can execute from the DR1000. I'd need to be able to read and write the filesystem, and read from the sqlite databases. No gui required (but it's a bonus if it's possible)
friflaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #26
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by friflaj View Post
Will this work on the DR1000? I know about the Vala thread, but I don't want the entire compile thing. I just need some very simple scripts that can execute from the DR1000. I'd need to be able to read and write the filesystem, and read from the sqlite databases. No gui required (but it's a bonus if it's possible)
yes, it works on either DR800 or DR1000.
It also includes GUI stuff, but lacks integration with DR libraries.

Take a look at the included scripts as examples.

Note I'm not going to improve this package, vala is better for my purposes ;-)

Tags
development, dr800, framework, lua