Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
ladynikon
ladynikon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Reader 3 inch
Sony vs Kindle book prices

Does the Kindel book prices seem to be getting cheaper? I have a sony and it seems the books are getting a little expensive.. what do you think?
ladynikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Amazon's ebooks are usually cheaper and have been that way for a while. I'm not unhappy with Sony's prices though.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
ladynikon

ya. i have this 500.. and the battery is going up
I might end up getting a kindle.. if the price of the books is cheaper than in the long run I might end up getting some savings..
Old 01-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
You can replace the battery for under $20 and there are alternative places to purchase books. You don't have to stick with the vendor's store.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
ladynikon

are you replacing the battery or the HD as well? that battery seems kinda big
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynikon View Post
are you replacing the battery or the HD as well? that battery seems kinda big
Huh? I'm not replacing anything. And, there is no HD in the reader, it is all flash memory. You mentioned your battery was going out so I was simply saying you can replace it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36801
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
The Kindle books are infinitely more expensive than the free Sony ebooks I borrow from the local library to read! Not even close.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
The Kindle books are infinitely more expensive than the free Sony ebooks I borrow from the local library to read! Not even close.
Too true! In fact, my wife and I were in Brazil earlier this month and, while there, I borrowed an eBook from the Fairfax, VA public library
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote