Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
gumhead
gumhead doesn't littergumhead doesn't litter

Device: kindle 3
New Kindle & Questions

Well I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new Kindle 3g it's expected to be delivered today. ( I have been watching it closely on tracking option on Amazon.com) Well here's my question I live in canada and ordered it as a gift to myself so as its not registered to my amazon.ca account although it is being sent to my canadian address and paid for witha canadian credit card. I set up a new us account with amazon.com with a u.s address (there is no attached us credit card to this account) and when it arrives I will register it with that account. I have used an ip hider and have downloaded some books that are only availabe on the u.s amazon without problems. I realize that I am probably safer to download to my computer and then usb it to my kindle and avoid the wifi/3g. What i would like to know is if I use the wifi/3g to access internet browser or download books is this going to come back and bite me as they will be able to see that I'm in Canada when I am using it.
Thanks for any ideas......
gumhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, gumhead

I'll let the Canadians with K3's answer your questions, but here is Amazons support page with lots of FAQs and the user manual you can download in pdf, so that you can be an expert by the time it arrives.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200503360
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert