Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-27-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
gander
gander began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Tiny font size

New to calibre and a tech tard. I have converted my pdf books to epub and now have various font size on the books, some so small that i cant read it. My question is can i enlarge the font size on the books to one that is easier on the eyes easily? My reader is the 505 if that matters.
gander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
sapphiresilver
Connoisseur
sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Oasis 2, Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro
I normally go into "Preferences", "Conversion" and change "Base font size" to 14.0 pt or something like that before I do the conversion.
sapphiresilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
gander
gander began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Ok thanks I thought that was what i needed to do but i also didnt have any idea of what size font to choose.
gander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:00 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Thanks, Saphire. I was having a similar problem with a Steve Jordan book I downloaded last week; tiny typeface that couldn't be adjusted on the reader in the usual way. I deleted it from the reader, chose 14pt in Calibre library 'preferences' dropped it again into my reader, and now I have a choice of all three standard font sizes. Problem solved. Thanks again ... karma to ya! Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote