Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Shame they didn't offer LOTR trilogy, each at this price. I would've jumped!
Do you own the Kindle editions? If so, you can get the Audible versions at a reduced price.
  • Hobbit -- Kindle ($6.41) / Audible ($5.49)
  • Fellowship of the Ring -- Kindle ($8.22) / Audible ($5.99)
  • Two Towers -- Kindle ($8.32) / Audible ($7.99)
  • Return of the King -- Kindle ($8.32) / Audible ($7.99)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #17
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
My balance is now showing on main acct (had some discount, some credits).

Nothing on test acct using all free companion purchases
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

I did 3 credits and one sale purchase and four free books. I got a $10 dollar credit not $20. So I think free books don't count.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #19
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Do you own the Kindle editions? If so, you can get the Audible versions at a reduced price.
  • Hobbit -- Kindle ($6.41) / Audible ($5.49)
  • Fellowship of the Ring -- Kindle ($8.22) / Audible ($5.99)
  • Two Towers -- Kindle ($8.32) / Audible ($7.99)
  • Return of the King -- Kindle ($8.32) / Audible ($7.99)
I have the not-so-great all-in-one trilogy version from Amazon. I do have the Kindle / Audible edition of The Hobbit.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #20
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I did 3 credits and one sale purchase and four free books. I got a $10 dollar credit not $20. So I think free books don't count.
Looks like the loophole wasn't one. No credit showed up in hubby's account which "bought" free Whispersync for Voice audiobooks. My $20 showed up fine, but the Whispersync for Voice books I bought cost actual cash, plus I used some credits.

Seabiscuit is tempting me today.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #21
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'm tempted by Grapes of Wrath and Slumdog, both sitting in my basket, currently.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #22
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Looks like the loophole wasn't one. No credit showed up in hubby's account which "bought" free Whispersync for Voice audiobooks. My $20 showed up fine, but the Whispersync for Voice books I bought cost actual cash, plus I used some credits.

Seabiscuit is tempting me today.
What loophole? What $20?

Yeah none of the books appeal to me. I read Seabiscuit, have the book (hard back book) and the others are either at the library, or not interested in. Grapes of Wrath is depressing. Guess I will look again.

I just got a $20 credit for buying 8 books (my contract is up next month) so maybe they are trying to reel me back in. I have a hard time finding audible books lately that I like. I actually returned Sissy Spacek book. What was I thinking I would like it? Carol Burnett's book was the only good book (autobiography, biography, or memoirs) I have read.

Don't laugh, I used the credit for Gone with the Wind. How am I going to fit that on my SMPG5? I love the movie, read the book, the audible reader is really good :-)

Last edited by new; 12-06-2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: typos
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #23
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Today's deal is a discount on some books by Neil Gaiman and some books in the Neil Gaiman Presents line.

Quote:
Today's Deal: 50% Off the Regular Price - Books by Neil Gaiman and Neil Gaiman Presents
By Neil Gaiman
Coraline - $6.97
The Graveyard Book - $11.96
Good Omens (with Terry Pratchett) - $15.96
American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition (A Full Cast Production) - $3.95
Anansi Boys - $15.96
Fragile Things - $13.96
Stardust - $10.47
Neverwhere - $15.96

Neil Gaiman Presents...
The Minotaur Takes a Cigarette Break: A Novel by Steven Sherrill - $9.97
Swordspoint: A Melodrama of Manners by Ellen Kushner - $12.47
Anita by Keith Roberts - $9.97
The Land of Laughs by Jonathan Carroll - $9.97
Pavane by Keith Roberts - $9.97
Viriconium by M. John Harrison - $12.47
Light by M. John Harrison - $12.47
The Privilege of the Sword by Ellen Kushner - $12.47
The Drowning Girl by Caitlin R. Kiernan - $12.47
You Must Go and Win: Essays by Alina Simone - $9.97
The Adventures of Doctor Eszterhazy by Avram Davidson - $12.47
White Apples by Jonathan Carroll - $12.47
Jurgen by James Branch Cabell - $9.97
Figures of Earth: A Comedy of Appearances by James Branch Cabell - $9.97
The High Place by James Branch Cabell - $9.97

Nothing special in the discount department IMO, unless you were already interested in some of these maybe. I'm unsure if the one really good price, $3.95 for American Gods, is the price everyone will see or if I'm only seeing it because I have the Kindle version and it's the Whispersync discount.

I was hoping that with today being Pearl Harbor Day we might see a discount on some titles that cover that, but alas I guess not.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 12-07-2012 at 12:56 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #24
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'm unsure if the one really good price, $3.95 for American Gods, is the price everyone will see or if I'm only seeing it because I have the Kindle version and it's the Whispersync discount.
Yes, you are seeing the WfV companion price. The price that shows for me is $16.53.

Shame the discounts aren't much, I have a few of these on my wishlist.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, you are seeing the WfV companion price. The price that shows for me is $16.53.
WfV shows up as $9.95 after you buy the Kindle version for $7.59
Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #26
Synamon
Lunatic

Quote:
Not on my screen, it says the Kindle book is $7.59 and the audiobook is $3.95. (The actual price for the linked Kindle book is $11.61, but I'm in Canada so the prices often don't correspond.)
Quote:
Whispersync for Voice

Listen to American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition (A Full Cast Production), then pick up right where you left off with the Kindle book, available from Amazon.com for $7.59. Learn more

Get this Audiobook for the reduced price of $3.95, when you buy the Kindle edition first.

What price does American Gods show for you as the sale price for this Christmas deal?

Last edited by Synamon; 12-07-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:

I had a friend order 8 free Kindle/Audible combos. All of the Audible books had a regular price of $14.95 and higher, so the terms were met.. After ordering, the box said "Double Congrats! You'll receive you $20 coupon by Dec 6." The 6th came and went and no coupon. Told them to contact Audible and ask for the coupon. At first, Audible told them they didn't qualify. But after some back and forth and saying that the terms never excluded sale prices, Audible credited their account with $20.

Give it a try. Here's the link for the Buy 4 Get $10 terms.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #28
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Sounds like you're looking at the version narrated by George Guidall, not the 'full cast' 10th Anniversary version?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Not on my screen, it says the Kindle book is $7.59 and the audiobook is $3.95. (The actual price for the linked Kindle book is $11.61, but I'm in Canada so the prices often don't correspond.)
Interesting

Quote:
What price does American Gods show for you as the sale price for this Christmas deal?
$16.53
Old 12-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Sounds like you're looking at the version narrated by George Guidall, not the 'full cast' 10th Anniversary version?
It is the George Guidall version. But it's the only WfV option I'm seeing.

Tags
audible