Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Gold Eagle Adventure novels

Does anybody else read/collect these i.e. Mack Bolan/The Executioner, Rogue Angel, Deathlands, etc? I don't remember why I started reading them but I ended up joining the book club and became a collector by default. They're fun pulp popcorn reading, nothing too heavy and are pretty well written and entertaining. Joining the book club is a terrible idea if you've got a backlog like I do lol. 6/7 books every other month adds up pretty quick if you don't get to them right away.

If you read these, which is your favorite series? I like Mack Bolan but sometime you've gotta be in the mood for non-stop gunplay so I generally lean more towards the more history inspired Rogue Angel books. I want to love Deathlands/Outlanders because they're right up my alley but I don't find the characters very compelling.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Why not supply a link?

By the way, are these only available as books? (You do not mention ebooks.)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
http://readgoldeagle.blogspot.com/
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Why not supply a link?

By the way, are these only available as books? (You do not mention ebooks.)

Don
They're also ebooks, unfortunately they don't have a book club for those.

And sadly their site (that Apache posted) is woefully out of date.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #5
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I read the first Alex Archer novel years ago, and enjoyed it but the number of sequels overwhelmed me. Maybe I'll buy the second book later... I just realised that they are couponable at Fictionwise...
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I have been reading these novels for the past four years and I subscribe to their readers program. There will be signup forms in most of the books that you buy, you complete the card and send it in to the addressed marked, once on the program you recieve shipments from Gold Eagle that has all of the books that they intend to publish for the next two months. Yes there are ebook versions of these book however they do not come from Gold Eagle, they come from Amazon who probably scans the books. Thus if I wanat the books electronically I need to buy them twice, not something that I like doing. I have approximatly 600 of these novels in my library in the basement of my home and is the primary reason that I started reading ebooks. Can you imagine what sort of space 600 ebooks uses up?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I have been reading these novels for the past four years and I subscribe to their readers program. There will be signup forms in most of the books that you buy, you complete the card and send it in to the addressed marked, once on the program you recieve shipments from Gold Eagle that has all of the books that they intend to publish for the next two months. Yes there are ebook versions of these book however they do not come from Gold Eagle, they come from Amazon who probably scans the books. Thus if I wanat the books electronically I need to buy them twice, not something that I like doing. I have approximatly 600 of these novels in my library in the basement of my home and is the primary reason that I started reading ebooks. Can you imagine what sort of space 600 ebooks uses up?
Amazon doesn't put out the Gold Eagle ebooks, Harlequin does as a part of their Worldwide Library imprint. They are regular ebooks just like anything else. Harlequin also puts out the pbooks.

http://ebooks.harlequin.com/520CCD09...15&SortBy=date
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
was a fan of Executioner, found The Punisher comic was loosely based on his novels. Read the first 10-15 or so, found them all on eBay.

Listened to the Audio Drama for the first Deathlands novel and the Deahlands 000 Prequal...enjoyed those too.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote