Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

Theme for Pocketbook Touch 622

Hello everyone!

Some days ago I started a new theme for my Pocketbook 622. It's not 100% ready but already useable.

Special features:

1. One of the themes (RS-Theme-0) deactivates the lock-screen and shows the last active screen instead and shows only a little key on the upper right.

2. In reading mode the panel shows time and progress bar. And fbReader also the title.

Here you can find it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188665

Greetings fron germany
Ronny
Old 08-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
LucyLu
Bookaholic
LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PocketBook Touch
It works perfectly! Thank you for sharing!

Last edited by LucyLu; 08-27-2012 at 02:22 PM.
LucyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi Ronny,
I don't have a 622, but just out of curiousity: did you use the usual compiler for your themes?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

Hi Paola,

yes i did it with the compiler in this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=98

You can find the detailed description in the second post of my german thread but in german Maybe i will translate it to the english language if the themes will be completed.

Regards
Ronny

PS: In this night i will update my theme(s) with many combinations (i.e. panel black/while, w/wo lock screen, w/wo progressbar). I also change the name to "Cristal..." because most of the icons are taken from the GPL icon set "Cristal Clear".
Old 08-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

New themes available for PB 622

Hi everywhere,

new versions of my theme are available. Now with 8 combinations!

You only need "Crystal-Themes.zip"

CrystalW stands for "white panel"
CrystalB stands for "black panel"
+p = with progressbar, -p without that
+l = with Lock-Screen, -l without that

Look at here...

Regards
Ronny
Old 09-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

Hello again,

new kind of themes are available. Now with another mainmenu! I call it "Classic-Theme". Look at the screenshot.

Also i updated all themes with some new icons.

Here you can find these themes...

Regards
Ronny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Classic-1.png
Views:	1820
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	91667  
Old 09-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
arahiel
arahiel began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 622
Great Job! Have been waiting for ages for new themes
arahiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #9
epilla
epilla began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch 622 (4.0.357)
Hello Ronny,
great job, your theme is really nice.
in my PB622 (4.0.357) there is no menu themes in settings -> appearance -> themes
probably has been eliminated with the customizations of the Italian seller.
How can I restore it to upload themes?
Thank you, Eros
epilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #10
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

Hello Eros,

maybe you should try an update to the latest firmware 4.0.373. I don't know if an update restore those settings.

If you look at /system/config-directory of your PB622:
  1. Is there a file "device.cfg"?
  2. If you search in "global.cfg", is there a line "settings.theme=..."?
And please remember: Don't use the themes made for firmware 3.2.xxx on your device with firmware 4.0.xxx!

Regards
Ronny
Old 02-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #11
epilla

ok, now try to check the current firmware settings or upgrade
thanks
Old 04-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #12
epilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRSteiner View Post
Hi Paola,

yes i did it with the compiler in this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=98

You can find the detailed description in the second post of my german thread but in german Maybe i will translate it to the english language if the themes will be completed.

Regards
Ronny

PS: In this night i will update my theme(s) with many combinations (i.e. panel black/while, w/wo lock screen, w/wo progressbar). I also change the name to "Cristal..." because most of the icons are taken from the GPL icon set "Cristal Clear".
With this compiler is also possible to create themes for the 4.0.XXX Firmware version?

Thanks to your advice, I switched to version 4.0.373 firmware and now I can see perfectly beautiful theme Crystal4.0.x_1.zip

Thanks, Eros
Old 09-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

Themes updated

Only for your information:

I did an update of the Crystal-Themes for the PB622 with firmware 4.2 (and maybe later). The zip file is called "Crystal4.2.x.zip"

You can find it here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188665

Regards
Ronny
Old 10-02-2013, 03:29 AM   #14
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
Smile

hi Ronny

i tried the last crystal4.2 on pb622 with 4.2 fw

there is a couple of bug:

- in black theme the time isn't diplayed because the font color is black, like the status bar itself

- in both themes (w & b) during the reading, the single tap (not the long one) brings the dialogue where you can annotate, fix a bookmark and change settings of the reader; there the various icons to do such things aren't shown in the upper bar that looks black

thanks

paolo
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolog View Post
hi Ronny
Hi Paolo!
Quote:
i tried the last crystal4.2 on pb622 with 4.2 fw

there is a couple of bug:

- in black theme the time isn't diplayed because the font color is black, like the status bar itself
Not the time is invisible but the date and this is a firmware problem. There is only one parameter "panel.date.font" and this is set to "0xffffff" white in the black panel theme
Quote:
- in both themes (w & b) during the reading, the single tap (not the long one) brings the dialogue where you can annotate, fix a bookmark and change settings of the reader; there the various icons to do such things aren't shown in the upper bar that looks black
Yes, I saw that in "annotation". I'll fix that as soon as possible

Regards
Ronny