Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
veeraganesh
Enthusiast
veeraganesh began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s
.pmlz to epub, images missing

I converted .pdi book using dedrm and ended up with .pmlz. I then converted it to .epub using calibre, everything was fine except all the images were removed in the .epub. Can someone tell me how to retain those images as original book.
veeraganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeraganesh View Post
... using dedrm and ended up with .pmlz. I then converted it to .epub using calibre, everything was fine except all the images were removed in the .epub...
Most likely the deDRM script you used did not write the image names properly. If your using the one I think you are be sure to check for this:

0.12 - Fix added to prevent lowercasing of image names when the pml code itself uses a different case in the link name.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
veeraganesh
Enthusiast

I am sorry but that means I need to find some other stuff to strip the DRM?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeraganesh View Post
I am sorry but that means I need to find some other stuff to strip the DRM?
Either other stuff or a newer version of the stuff you have as user_none indicated.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #5
veeraganesh
Enthusiast

Well I am using the latest DeDRM 1.3
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Unfortanetly we cannot provide dedrm help and seeing as how ypur issue is related to the out put of a third party tool, this is not a calibre issue. You will need to take your problem with the maker of the plugin.

Last edited by user_none; 12-20-2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: fix typos
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
If you're going to be adding the pmlz to calibre anyway... why not try the plugin that achieves the same thing (and eliminates a step).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #8
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
That specific DeDRM tool you are talking about has that patch 0.12 in place (and has had it for a long time). So the problem must be something else.

Simply unzip the .pmlz file (it is a zip archive - if it won't unzip rename it to .zip and then unzip it). Once inside open the single *.pml code in any text editor and look for the code that indicates an image:

\m=

So for example look for something along the lines of

\m="gBTFQJrzYnhWblUAhfk5dhnpaou.png"

Then look in the *_img directory and make sure the matching file name exists.
If it does not exist or has a slightly different name, that is the cause of the problem.
If the names are made up from the following list of characters, then all should be well:

"ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw xyz0123456789_.-"

if the names in the pml file use characters not in this set, please tell me which ones.

My guess is this pml file uses special or strange characters and that is why DropBook barfed on it when it tried to convert the .pml file back to a .pdb (which is why you are stuck playing with a .pmlz instead of a .pdb file).

If you can point out the offending chars, I am sure something can be done to get things fixed.

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 12-20-2010 at 08:53 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
veeraganesh
Enthusiast

Hi
Kevin

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate your response.