Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #16
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
As I understand it, the Mini and Glo have the same operating system minus the brightness options, the Mini doesn't have the strap and so the case can fall open if say owner of the device isn't around to reclose it? Such a big deal over such a small thing.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslynne View Post
As I understand it, the Mini and Glo have the same operating system minus the brightness options, the Mini doesn't have the strap and so the case can fall open if say owner of the device isn't around to reclose it? Such a big deal over such a small thing.
The problem is this seems to be Kobo's modus operandi; Everything is a small problem and nothing gets fixed/improved.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslynne View Post
The user can just set auto-sleep if that is such a big deal (which I personally don't think it is). Definitely not a deliberate feature considering how short it takes for the device to go back to sleep.

What baffles me even more is how a sleepcover comes with no mechanism of any kind to keep it closed.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote