Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #1
Miike501
Miike501 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Youch
Country Setting

Hi, I am new to the forum and this my first post.

I gifted my aunt a kindle touch. She lives in the Philippines while I live on the U.S. She's an old lady and not tech savvy at all. So I manage her Amazon account. I have my own Amazon account. I usually just gift her books from my Amazon account to her email address. I wanted to gift her a subscrition to readers digest, but I cannot do it the same way I do it with books. I have to use my credit card in her Amazon account and she has to order the subscription from her account. So fine, I did it. Not so fast, the magazine will not download to her kindle unless I pay a $4.99/week fee because the device resides on the Philippines. I don't want to pay $4.99/week to get a $1.50 monthly magazine. Questions:

1. Does changing the country setting to "Philippines" save me the weekly fee?

2. There is no way around the weekly fee because RD is a U.S. magazine and the device is in the Philippines?

3. Is there an international version of Readers Digest?

4. Do I need to use a Philippine based credit card in order not to pay the fee?

5. If I set kindle's country setting to Philipines, will that prevent me from gifting My aunt books I order from my amazon-U.S. account?

Mike
Miike501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'd be much better off asking these questions to Kindle Customer Service.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #3
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You'd be much better off asking these questions to Kindle Customer Service.
Good advice - when I called Amazon for a different problem, I talked to a person from the Phillipines!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote