Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Beta testers wanted

We are looking for beta testers that are willing to test our new beta versions. You should be willing to test the new beta and go over a long list of possible bugs and do good detailed reports.

Test is beginning on august 26 and the firmware version will be 15.3.

The best 5-10 beta testers will get to test our new models in September.

The most thorough of those (3) will get their device as a gift for Xmas. The others will be able to buy their device for a really good price.

Please let us know in this thread when you're interested.

PS: This means that you will have to do a little work both for the software and for the hardware. Please think about this before you get on the list as we do not want people that just want the software and don't cooperate with us. So please be serious about this.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
HenkH
Enthusiast
HenkH began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
We are looking for beta testers that are willing to test our new beta versions. You should be willing to test the new beta and go over a long list of possible bugs and do good detailed reports.
I would like to participate in the beta-testing. I have Pocketbook 302
HenkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Does the beta-testing require, so to say, a certain knowledge of computing, or is it a more centrally-steered, rinse-and-repeat feedback? I'd love to try the new beta firmware, but as a programming layman my feedback is less valuable than, say, GrayNM's.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I would like to participate.

You know I am knowledgeable and that I can write a detailed bug report. I have discovered a few tricks and hacks for my PocketBook 360.

I can also understand Russian. My Russian is quite rusty, because I haven't really had an opportunity to use it in the last 20 years, but it is better than nothing.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Does the beta-testing require, so to say, a certain knowledge of computing, or is it a more centrally-steered, rinse-and-repeat feedback? I'd love to try the new beta firmware, but as a programming layman my feedback is less valuable than, say, GrayNM's.
Echoing Logseman here.

My only qualification, other than my willingness to take notes and such if something (or nothing) happens, is to be a power reader of e-books (both DRM'd and not).

Oh, and I also have the willingness to be a Beta tester ... which means I won't whine if my device is having a bad day (well, not much ... and probably not to y'all in this public forum ).

To be honest, most of the time, when people start talking programming details here - all I get out of it is the words "and" and "the"! I still don't understand the steps to run the script to use the Favorites folder and load all the books to it ... or whatever that topic was!

But - if a regular user is good enough (and I can write/take notes), then I'd like to be a Beta tester.

And, I'd offer even without the opportunity to be "super Beta" and get a device/sale reduction. I just want to have better access to my library books and I understand 15.3 is supposed to do that. So - I want to get my hands on it right away (yes, I am impatient!).

Anyway - long ramble to say: If you want someone who will take careful note of what's going on if something happens, then please - pick me!

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
Gogool
Gogool began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello.

I also would like to help in this beta testing process.

I have a PB302. I am a software programmer, mainly java and I am able to do a detailed error/feature report.

Best regards,
Gul
Gogool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
vdp
Enthusiast
vdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
The best 5-10 beta testers will get to test our new models in September.
Does it means the new models will be available in September for beta testers only?
If not I suspect you will have a lot more than 10 'beta testers'
vdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #8
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Sounds interesting but...

-> do i have to own a PB ?
-> is it a firmware only test or firmware+new device ? (sounds like but not clear about that)
-> languages other than english/german required ?
-> what other qualifications are required

I'm new to Pocketbock (looking for the 901) but if that's ok sign me up
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #9
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdp View Post
Does it means the new models will be available in September for beta testers only?
Who said PocketBook is only preparing new models for September? What if they have another model aimed for later date?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #10
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since it's a beta test for the new firmware versions of existing models, I guess you have to own the model you want to beta-test.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Who said PocketBook is only preparing new models for September? What if they have another model aimed for later date?
Yes we do.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #12
Logseman
Orisa

I guess more info about that project will be disclosed in the IFA?
Old 08-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'd be happy to participate in the beta testing. I don't have a Pocketbook, but if you'd supply the hardware, I'll test it. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #14
Dawgmatix
Dawgmatix began at the beginning.

Device: none
I would be interested in beta testing the 901. Intend to buy it as soon as its released. I am a fairly technical poweruser and will put the device through its paces and give feedback / suggestions / file bugs.
Dawgmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #15
Caesonia
Caesonia began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2, Sony PRS-600, eSlick, Nook
I am interested in beta testing but I don't have a Pocketbook yet. If we are supplied the hardware to test then I want to participate.
Caesonia is offline   Reply With Quote