Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #1
dsuppa
dsuppa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Refund?

So I had my 2nd kindle replaced this week and ended up getting the kindle in and shipping back the old one. When they received my defective kindle they processed a refund for it. I checked the replacement order and it was billed at 359 with a promotional credit of 359. Very Odd.........
So for now it appears that I have been awarded a free kindle.
dsuppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't argue. Just accept it and enjoy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
dsuppa

Oh I am accepting it, Im just really hoping they dont notice it, I wonder if theres a time limit on it or if they can even just charge me now since the orders are all completed.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I would have to tell them. With Tim and me, if we ever try to get away with something, bad luck comes around and smacks the living daylights out of us! It's just not worth wondering and worrying about when and where disaster will strike us!

And do you really want to risk the wrath of the Amazon Goon Squad?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
dsuppa

I figure whats the worst thing that could happen....they charge me for it? i'll wait it out and see what happens
Advert
Old 08-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Are you sure they didn't place a temporary hold on your credit card for the replacement Kindle 2 (to make sure you sent the broken one back) and removed that hold when they recieved it?
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
dsuppa

Nope the replacement orders went as follows. first order was = $0.00, second order was placed as $359 with an applied $359 promotional credit + $19 for shipping. Once the order was complete they refunded the $19 for the shipping.
Reveived the 2nd replacement and shipped back m broken one, they received it yesterday and refunded the money today
Old 08-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #8
TMark
TMark began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lol. Yeah, why not. They won't sue you. Once you have confirmed the transaction, it's not your task to make sure they get paid what they're supposed to. I mean, you can monitor the transaction but you don't have to.
TMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
They will probably catch it, sometimes these large companies do things in a strange way and their bookkeeping catches up a week later. Just let it sit there for a while, then after a month enjoy your good luck!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:09 AM   #10
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
The exact same thing happened to me when I got my Kindle fixed. They caught it about three weeks later and took the $359 back.
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote