Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
erosco
Enthusiast
erosco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Angry Hyperlinks Revisited

I wasn't very interested in hyperlinks until I started downloading newspapers from pressdisplay.com.

Now I find the implementation frustrating. The epubs generated have a number of hyperlinks on each page of the paper (TOC, Page Back, All Pages, Page Forward, then one link for each story).

Hitting the 0 key over and over to get to a hyperlink is slow as! Can we consider the other solutions discussed??

Hitting the toggle switch (or a particular button) to activate bookmarks, then having each given a number would be the best solution in my opinion.. number 1-8 could jump directly to that bookmark.. if there's more then 9 and 0 could scroll to the next set.

This solution would make any bookmark only a few clicks away and not dependent on multiple (slow) screen refreshes.

Is anyone else suffering like me? Is anyone else using pressdisplay to download epubs?

Thanks
erosco
erosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:09 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are you talking about hyperlinks or bookmarks? Your post begins by discussing hyperlinks, and then changes to bookmarks mid-way through!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #3
erosco
Enthusiast
erosco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Definately hyperlinks - noe reference to bookmarks!
erosco is offline   Reply With Quote