Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
Stu Segal
Stu Segal began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-T1 PRS-300 PRS-505 PRS-500
Just got PRS-T1. HELP! MicroSD, File transfers, collections,

HELP! Been reading on Sony's a loooong time (I actually pre-ordered a PRS-500 back when) . . . been reading on Sony's ever since.

Just got a PRS-T1, and NEED SOME HELP!

Having trouble with importing directly to the MicroSD Card:
1. First, the only way I seem to be able to move my files to the Card is Drag&Drop with Windows Explorer - I can't seem to get the new reader software to send anything to the card.
2. Next, once I have them on the card, they are usable, but the DO NOT appear in the selection menu for Collections . . . so I haven't been able to figure out how to add anything on the card to any Collection!

Anyone have any experience dealing with putting their files on the MicroSD Card, and then adding them to collections?

I guess my real surprise here is after ?how many? years of Sony using the same basic process for file management on all the readers, the PRS-T1 is a completely different animal. I know change is good, but right now I just want to be able to manage my books.

Any help would be much appreciated . . . . thanks . . . Stu Segal
Stu Segal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
MsD
MsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS300,Sony PRS T1,Nexus 7
I have my books on the SD card ...I've been dragging and dropping them there . For the books on the SD card , the collection itself must be on the card . When you create collections you have the option to create it on the reader itself, or on the card .
MsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
Stu Segal
Stu Segal began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-T1 PRS-300 PRS-505 PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsD View Post
When you create collections you have the option to create it on the reader itself, or on the card .
Duh. Thank you! . . . Stu
Stu Segal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
MsD
MsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS300,Sony PRS T1,Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Segal View Post
Duh. Thank you! . . . Stu
I had the exact same 'Duh' moment when I was setting up my collections
MsD is offline   Reply With Quote