Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS600
Post Article in WSJ today

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I thought this was an interesting article in the Wall St. Journal today.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle

Sorry I posted this. I am informed that it was posted here last evening. Guess they receive the WSJ earlier than we do and I did not see the post.

Last edited by Jan J; 05-21-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Already posted in another thread.
Jan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Its a nice summary of where things stand.
Thanks for the tip.
One think I noticed; they refer to "125 million iTunes customers" as the reason the BPHs got in bed with Apple and bit on the "Agency Model" price-fixing scheme.

If that is accurate, somebody is in for a rude shock.

It does accurately highlight why brick and mortar stores are more likely an anchor on B&N and Borders than an asset to their book sales.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
This was posted yesterday in another thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84161
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
This was posted yesterday in another thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84161
So sorry. I didn't see it. We just got the WSJ this morning and it was in today's edition. I guess the person who posted it last night lives in New York and saw it before we received ours.
Jan J is offline   Reply With Quote