Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-18-2013, 04:42 AM   #1
binkyblue
binkyblue began at the beginning.

Device: telefunken
Typos

Hi. I have an ereader not listed here. It's Telefunken brand. I got it in Kmart, Australia. It's a simple ereader, doesn't connect to wi fi or anything like that. I got it to download free books from gutenberg, which works fine. However when I download books from anywhere apart from Gutenberg, eg google, or various university archives (they are old books) even though I download in epub they turn up on my device with many typos. I can view the book online and the text is perfect, no typos, but when save to my device the typos appear. Can anyone advise me? Thanks.
binkyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
When you view the book online, you're seeing images of the scanned pages. When you download the ePub version, you're getting a "raw" ePub created using an OCR application. These will generally be of very poor quality.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Use the Mobile Read library for your books. They are very well done.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote