Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 05:43 AM   #1
oviksna
oviksna began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 912
Plugin to fix fb2 files

Hello,

I wanted to use Calibre to manage books un FB2 format. Problem is that these books specify singe character encoding (windows-1251) in xml header, but uses lots of numeric (for example Ł) character encoding. Those characters are not displayed properly by my reader, so I wanted to convert fb2 books to UTF-8 encoding. To automate this process I created simple plugin for FB2 format, that checks if FB2 file needs conversion to UTF-8 and performs it when needed.

Problem. When importing FB2 file everything works OK. When importing zipped FB2 files, this plugin is not called, so conversion is not performed.

Question. How to write plugin for zipped FB2 files? Maybe this is bug in Calibre?

Thanks
oviksna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Write a plugin for zip files. calibre already has a builtin plugin for zip files, you will need to disable that to get it to use your plugin.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
oviksna
oviksna began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 912
Can I see source of existing zip plugin? Tried to search Calibre source, but cannot find anything zip-related, only how resources are extracted from plugin zips.

Idea. In my opinion better idea would be to perform some plugin chaining, when output from one plugin could be processed by another. As zip is not a book, but container, why not process output by "normal" book plugins?
oviksna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
metadata/archive.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote