Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
modified
Connoisseur
modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: PW5
[Newb] What can you do after jailbreaking the PW?

I'm waiting for my PW to arrive (probably after Christmas, I'm not located in the US so it's coming via a forwarder) so I'm doing a little research on what you can do after jailbreaking.

I currently own a Kindle Keyboard (wifi) which is jailbroken for the screensavers hack (loved loved it). I'm happy with the default fonts, so I didn't bother with the fonts hack.

I will wait to decide if I hate the SO ads enough to pay to remove it. Ideally I would prefer to keep the SO ads (heard good things about the offers) but be able to rotate in my own screensavers. I doubt that's possible though.

So my question is, screensavers hack aside, what goodies can I get if I choose to jailbreak the PW?

PS: My apologies in advance if if this is not the right forum.
modified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
much of https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K5_Index

in essence run your own binaries. Beyond that you are limited by skill and imagination.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Now that Alex is finished with his IRC add-on here, maybe we can get a Kpw prefix?
Ah, so -
Use his new IRC to bug him about it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
modified
Connoisseur
modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Thanks! Are K5 (Touch) hacks generally forward compatible with the PW?

TIA for your patience, I've been so out of touch with the Kindle hack scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
much of https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K5_Index

in essence run your own binaries. Beyond that you are limited by skill and imagination.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
same machine - give-or-take a few details.

To be honest at this time no doubt a large lump of them need the odd detail moving over, however in it's core the device runs on the same processor.

So yes, and No. Have to have a play and report your findings
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by modified View Post
Thanks! Are K5 (Touch) hacks generally forward compatible with the PW?
The (native) binaries normally are. For anything WAF and Javascript, collections database, registry etc., chances are that stuff is similar, but different enough to require a bit of adaptation. The Java part is almost completely different because of obfuscation.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
modified
Connoisseur

Thanks for all your replies! Much appreciated.

Will poke around the forums & wiki for more info.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by modified View Post
Thanks for all your replies! Much appreciated.

Will poke around the forums & wiki for more info.

Why not try the Master Index sticky at the top of this forum.
The other forums will probably not be much help.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #9
modified
Connoisseur

Doing exactly just that, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Why not try the Master Index sticky at the top of this forum.
The other forums will probably not be much help.